Confirmed with Link: Mittelstadt re-signed (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
They can offset this bit of over-payment and too short of a term with a cap-friendly longer term deal on Drouin with a lower AAV. If they can get him signed at all I'm saying 6 years, 3.75 per. On the open market he probably get as much as 5 per but I doubt he'd see more than 3 years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Reactions: Alienblood

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
this guy's gonna hit 75+ points next year and we'll be saying this contract is a bargain vs. what other players around the league are getting.
Sure, still sucks that it's "just fair". Because we need some steals of deals to remain competitive.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm fine with this although was hoping for a bit more term, but am a bit surprised at how surprised this board is.
All we hear is how the Avs window is soon if not already closing. Avs already blew a chunk of MacK and Makar prime. Need win now moves. Who cares about future years when the time is now.

With a skyrocketing salary cap the market AAV is going to be stunning to those using comparables from the last half decade. Figured Mitts + Drouin would end up being just south of $10m and this is a good start.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Gotta think Mitts wasn't about to sign for more than 3 years anyway unless the Avs were willing to go 6.5+. It was probably a 4.75 for two years and an extra million for that UFA year.

To me this indicates that CMac knows that they need to maximize the next few seasons... because three years from now I don't think this team will be a contender anymore.

Reactions: AslanRH

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Almost as much in AAV as Nichushkin got as UFA. And I called that contract bad at the time. This is less risky though, I reckon he's good for another 60 points minimum each season if healthy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm fine with this although was hoping for a bit more term, but am a bit surprised at how surprised this board is.
All we hear is how the Avs window is soon if not already closing. Avs already blew a chunk of MacK and Makar prime. Need win now moves. Who cares about future years when the time is now.

With a skyrocketing salary cap the market AAV is going to be stunning to those using comparables from the last half decade. Figured Mitts + Drouin would end up being just south of $10m and this is a good start.
It's the AAV more than the term. If this deal was 4.75m, people would be thrilled.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

"blew" by winning the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad