Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Even Strength p/60

Matthews 2.88
Spezza 2.66
Nylander 2.65

Mikheyev 2.57
Marner 2.01
Timashov 1.95

Tavares 1.69
Johnsson 1.65
Kapanen 1.62

Engvall 1.60
Kerfoot 1.32
Gauthier 1.24

Petan 1.05
Shore 1.02
Moore 0.82

Hyman 0.57

Since the start of 2017/2018 to now, which is 160 games for Hyman, his ES p/60 is 2.05. That ranks him for 8th on the team.

Hyman has proven more than enough that he is not a "round peg in a square hole" in the top 6. Is he the most perfectly fitting peg? No, it's rather a strange peg, but he does not belong on the fourth line where he'll be playing 6 minutes ES a night. He's much better than that.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Even Strength p/60

Matthews 2.88
Spezza 2.66
Nylander 2.65

Mikheyev 2.57
Marner 2.01
Timashov 1.95

Tavares 1.69
Johnsson 1.65
Kapanen 1.62

Engvall 1.60
Kerfoot 1.32
Gauthier 1.24

Petan 1.05
Shore 1.02
Moore 0.82

Hyman 0.57
Kucherov has a 1.3p/60 ev this year. Lucky for him Spezza isnt on his team and you arent the coach.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I think Keefe is smart enough to put Hyman back with Tavares and Marner once the team is healthy. He will give them a chance to get back to their level of play from last year but I'm confident enough that if it doesn't work out, he'll change things up.

Mikheyev - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner

horner

May 22, 2007
Top five line in the league, what a square hole, round peg situation. My gawd. You’ve got nothing, except a weird hate on. Enjoy, it’s your construct.
Ranking the NHL's 5 best lines

I agree with you.

Everybody in the hockey world knows what Hyman beings as a player.
Except for some people on this site.
Hyman just got back from being out six months.
He and Taveras are our only player that get into the corners and come out with the puck .

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
People need to realize Hyman won't be as effective the way Keefe wants to play vs. how Babcock wanted to.

we aren't a dump and chase team anymore.

the new system is built so that guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner can succeed, not guys like Babs faves Lindholm Gauthier Hyman etc

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
People need to realize Hyman won't be as effective the way Keefe wants to play vs. how Babcock wanted to.

the new system is built so that guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner can succeed, not guys like Babs faves Lindholm Gauthier Hyman etc
Regardless of the system, you'll always need puck retrievers.
IMO, everything is done to help the Team succeed, not just individuals.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I think Keefe is smart enough to put Hyman back with Tavares and Marner once the team is healthy. He will give them a chance to get back to their level of play from last year but I'm confident enough that if it doesn't work out, he'll change things up.

Mikheyev - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
I think that this is completely fair

Reactions: horner

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Since the start of 2017/2018 to now, which is 160 games for Hyman, his ES p/60 is 2.05. That ranks him for 8th on the team.

Hyman has proven more than enough that he is not a "round peg in a square hole" in the top 6. Is he the most perfectly fitting peg? No, it's rather a strange peg, but he does not belong on the fourth line where he'll be playing 6 minutes ES a night. He's much better than that.

ES p/60/p1/60

18/19 2.01 (marner 2.94, tavares 2.86)
17/18 1.82 (matthews 2.94, nylander 2.40)
16/17 1.31 (matthews 2.24, nylander 1.83)

As we all know well, he has always been a distant 3rd wheel on any line he has played on.

If we have 9 better forwards, there is no need to give hyman a spot ahead of them just because Babcock loved him.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I’ve heard this talk And buzz phrase
“ puck retrievers “ on and on ...
Man o man that really gets my jock strap wedged ..
Seriously .. what the hell does that mean other than what it means ..
Back in my day lolololol
You know what in any day , every player should be a “Puck retriever “ if it’s loose , go get it if your the closest to the puck .
Fight for the puck !!!
Wow what a new concept !
Go friggen get it .
If you aren’t fighting and scratching and lifting sticks and stick checking and back checking for every loose puck in your area , than you shouldn’t be in the NHL , is that so hard to understand .
I get it , not everyone will be great at it , obviously , but if your not attempting to do it , you shouldn’t be playing .
Then it’s on your coach for allowing you to be in the line up if your not fighting for every inch on the ice .
Enough with this buzz word “ puck retrieval “
It’s a coaching word made famous by coaches like Babcock and others .
Really , even Gretzky tried to get the puck , The flower would try to win battles , Bossy would try , Pasta does , Shutt did , Ellis did
Everyone tried or you wouldn’t be in the NHL
Enough with this , have to have someone on the line to get the puck
Play hard , be passionate and let your skill and talent do the rest .
Now energy guys I get
Put them on your 3rd and 4th line
But you don’t need Hyman who is one of my fav on your top two lines to get the puck , cuz what does he do afterwards with it ?
Puck retrieval my asssssss !
Play hard and ket your talent and skill take over

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Zach can play a lot of ways. Goat and Lindholm are just not fast enough Zach is.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

This right now is the only logical argument to take hyman off that line, however time will be needed to see how the line plays when marner is back.
Marner is the wizard on that line. When the line is health and has some games together we should then see if Hyman can or cannot play in Keefe's system

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This right now is the only logical argument to take hyman off that line, however time will be needed to see how the line plays when marner is back.
Marner is the wizard on that line. When the line is health and has some games together we should then see if Hyman can or cannot play in Keefe's system

well, the other logical reason is that Mikheyev looks a lot better than hyman on that line right now.

Reactions: frizzer1

horner

May 22, 2007

we will see.
you my be disappointed .

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad