Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
A lot of people doing a victory lap because we're running it back. I've been pretty pro-trade Marner, and it's because I truly believe we won't win with this cap allocation and he's been straight up bad in the playoffs.

You guys are acting like this is a good thing to keep this terrible arrangement. Acting like:

E4biECjXIAkojSg.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
A lot of people doing a victory lap because we're running it back. I've been pretty pro-trade Marner, and it's because I truly believe we won't win with this cap allocation and he's been straight up bad in the playoffs.

You guys are acting like this is a good thing to keep this terrible arrangement. Acting like:

View attachment 893369
I gave up and moved on with my life

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No one wants to trade for 11Million no playoffs?
Pretty sure Utah could sell enough #93 Marner jerseys to make it worthwhile to acquire him. He'd also leave the Yeti fans in awe as they watch him do his fancy ice dancing moves and slick passes.

The guy they are describing is Reaves... they want to turn and elite playmaker into Reaves...

Thank god belly aching "fans" dont make roster decisions....
Too bad the guys that have been making the roster decisions for the past decade are not much better.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

View attachment 893369
Any examples of people doing that? You seem to have a pretty vivid imagination

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You're the one convincing yourself that some common, nothing play is "egregious".

Engaging from the outside position is not "giving possession to your opponent". It's trying to gain possession. He tries to block the pass up the boards - which he generally does quite well - and while that didn't work this time, his choice allowed him to pin his opponent and get ahead of him getting back. You'd think if one was resorting to clip hunting, they'd have an actual clip of something bad. But hey, if not getting crushed into the boards for no reason at every opportunity is your line in the sand, then good luck with your 0 NHL players.
Where does he pin the defender? He doesnt even finish the check. He just one arm shoves him. The defender isn't temporarily held or anything. Marner has one hand on the stick and its not even on the ice to stop the pass. So..(1) he bails to avoid the hit, (2) he doesnt finish the check, (3) he doesnt aggressively try to stick check or stop the puck.... That is maybe the easiest possession and outlet play that a defender will ever get lol. It's no wonder the former NHL player indicated that it's a lazy play where somebody is trying to look like he's playing hard (one that he himself used to do).

Reactions: IPS

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I gave up and moved on with my life

Same here. Life's too short.

Go ahead and run it back. It won't work. When the Leafs are out in the first next year (if they even make it), it'll be "Let's sign Marner so we can run it back for another 8 years".

Pretty sure Utah could sell enough #93 Marner jerseys to make it worthwhile to acquire him. He'd also leave the Yeti fans in awe as they watch him do his fancy ice dancing moves and slick passes.

And luckily for them, they've yet to experience the playoffs, so Marner not showing up in April won't matter much.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I have to wonder if the posters in this thread are like this offline, droning on and on about the same things over and over, again and again, ad nauseum.
Regardless of whether they're pro or con, I'd say that's a safe bet.

Reactions: rojac

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Marner at least knows where his end of the rink is, and smaller but talented players often got moved to center in the past.. I assume Marner must be bad at faceoffs or they would have tried him at center by now
Can always put him out with someone who is good at faceoffs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Where does he pin the defender? He doesnt even finish the check. He just one arm shoves him. The defender isn't temporarily held or anything. Marner has one hand on the stick and its not even on the ice to stop the pass. So..(1) he bails to avoid the hit, (2) he doesnt finish the check, (3) he doesnt aggressively try to stick check or stop the puck.... That is maybe the easiest possession and outlet play that a defender will ever get lol. It's no wonder the former NHL player indicated that it's a lazy play where somebody is trying to look like he's playing hard (one that he himself used to do).
Well in fairness he fooled a few wearing Blue and White Marner glasses.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Not compared to many others.

I didn't do that; don't put words in my mouth.

The question is, what does that even mean?

Be more favourable???

I am pretty sure most would pick the one with the more accurate shot.
The question was never more accurate shot vs harder shot.

The question was harder shot or weaker shot if all else is equal.

don’t understand why you have to bring in a new variable to a simple question.

Is like asking would you rather pay a coffee using exact change in coins or paper bill and collect change but you have to come out and say I prefer to use credit card.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yup...better to just give possession to your opponent!

Lol... this is ridiculous
Cult like behaviour is denying something right in front of your eyes.

I’m sick of the projection.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
At over 380 pages, this thread is ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that anything that is being said hasn't already said a dozen times. I have to wonder if the posters in this thread are like this offline, droning on and on about the same things over and over, again and again, ad nauseum. Maybe that's why some of them have taken their constant beating of an expired equine online -- none of their friends want to listen to it anymore.

I've asked my wife to smell my finger 484 times today...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

View attachment 893369
Cause it’s not about cheering for the leafs with them, it’s name on the back over logo on the front for these nu hockey morons.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You guys must get so dizzy from all the spinning you do. :laugh:

Why is it so hard to just be truthful instead of this garbage?
What is the truth though?
Fact is MM is still on the team bc there wasn’t any great offers. Bc the rest of the league just didn’t want to pay to have MM on their team.

Would be interesting to see if AM is on the market and see if Leafs get any good offers

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
These false non existent narratives are so ridiculous. I wonder is it a issue of lack of reading skills or an abundance of pent up bullshit?

Were any examples provided?
None, they never do. You’d think if you need to lie to make a point you may want to revisit your thoughts on it.
It’s a shame a few of them use to be decent posters, this topic for some reason has made them lose their minds.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
What is the truth though?
Fact is MM is still on the team bc there wasn’t any great offers. Bc the rest of the league just didn’t want to pay to have MM on their team.

Would be interesting to see if AM is on the market and see if Leafs get any good offers
Who has he been shopped to? Who are these teams that don’t want to pay this mythical price?
I dont think you know what a ‘fact’ is.

• Love
Reactions: Hellcat

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Who has he been shopped to? Who are these teams that don’t want to pay this mythical price?

Crickets.... so class we learned today that absence of one thing is not confirmation of another.

When Tre says he is an elite player and we are lucky to have him -

When Berube says I'm looking forward to coaching him -

and when it was leaked that the pitch to sign Skinner was he would get to play with Marner and Matthews -

Ya kinda have to be a daft idiot to continue think Marner was ever shopped...

Does this prove once and for all that Kutch >>> Marner and Draisaitl > Nylander and Marner?

Kuch is stupid good and IMO does not get the credit he deserves because he plays in the deep south. Drai is a better scorer than Mitch and Willie.

Reactions: ToneDog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I dont think you know what a ‘fact’ is.
Fact is he is a Leafs and the Leafs shopped him but can’t get anything done.

If there is a team who is willing to pay like 13mil for MM with a new contract, do you think MM is still a Leafs.

More interesting question, is MM even wants to be a Leafs?

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad