Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I don't know where to ask so I'll inquire here. Is Hague eligible for the WJ's and is he being considered if so.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
I don't know where to ask so I'll inquire here. Is Hague eligible for the WJ's and is he being considered if so.
He hasn't been on any team Canada teams yet, but that doesn't mean they won't invite him. I would think that whether that happens or not depends a lot on how the first couple months of his season go. I'd be shocked if they weren't at least keeping an eye on him after what he did to finish off his USHL season.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
You better come back with some live watching player reports for us ;)

1724714198415.gif

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Hage is eligible, but Team Canada is political so he would really need to impress to get in vs the CHL guys.

K thanks I was wondering why we don't hear any noise about him, that makes sense

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Of our prime too 20 prospects, whose eligible to participate here?

Hage and Koivu (technically Demidov and Volokhin but oh well)

Most of the 2023 draft has 2004 (or earlier) birthdates so AFAIK they are not eligible.

The 2024 draft are all eligible if their country is.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
whose eligible to participate here?

Hage/Saywer/Thorpe/Protz - Team Canada Group A
Koivu - Team Finland Group A
Vecvanags - Team Latvia Group A
Bergqvist - Team Sweden Group B
Merrill - Team USA Group A

So we might not have any this year since Demidov/Volokhin/Khanin aren't eligible due to Team Russia being suspended. Koivu, Hage, could force their way on if they have a big start to the season and I don't know anything about Vecvanags, if he's in the running or not but Latvia will be back at the WJC's in '25 so I assume he's got a good shot.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

So we might not have any this year since Demidov/Volokhin/Khanin aren't eligible due to Team Russia being suspended. Koivu, Hage, could force their way on if they have a big start to the season and I don't know anything about Vecvanags, if he's in the running or not but Latvia will be back at the WJC's in '25 so I assume he's got a good shot.

Unless they have very hot start of the season I don't see any of Team Canada making it. Although they do like their physical D so maybe Protz makes it. If Canada learns to not be petty, Hage could make it (or if really force their hand). Thorpe and Sawyer would need huge years to make it (especially Sawyer as a NCAA non 1st-round guy).

Koivu's luck is in most of Finland's previous forwards are too old, so it highly depends on his year. Disappointing showing in WJC18 might hinder him.

Vecvanags should make it as a 3rd goalie at least since the previous 1st goalie is too old unless I'm unaware of a better Latvian goalie. Not exactly my area of expertise.

Bergqvist, I really don't see making it even if half the D corps isn't back. Would really need to take the huge jump the Habs wants him to take.

Merrill has an hail mary chance to make it if he starts hot and they buy the Brian Boyle tutor help.

Optimist take is Protz, Hage, Koivu, Vecvanags and Merrill.

Realist take is Vecvanags.

Reactions: Levard

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Can't wait, will be going to the game. Was a bit late to get tickets, so not going to have the best view, but will try to make a report if I have the time.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Thanks @montreal but I was referring to who would be eligible to participate in the Habs rookie camp not the WJC

Reactions: montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks @montreal but I was referring to who would be eligible to participate in the Habs rookie camp not the WJC

Everyone that wants to be. Euro guys are losing time in their own pre-season. NCAA committed guys have to pay themselves and are losing season time.

Off the the top 20, Demidov/Konyushkov/Volokhin likely won't be there, Hage/Fowler might be getting ready for school and Koivu might e deep in the Liiga camp.

Kapanen should be there even though he's penciled for the SHL because he signed a NHL deal.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Everyone that wants to be. Euro guys are losing time in their own pre-season. NCAA committed guys have to pay themselves and are losing season time.

Off the the top 20, Demidov/Konyushkov/Volokhin likely won't be there, Hage/Fowler might be getting ready for school and Koivu might e deep in the Liiga camp.

Kapanen should be there even though he's penciled for the SHL because he signed a NHL deal.
Thanks. Assume Beck, Mesar, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Prost, Trudeau, Hutson, Heineman, as well.

Also me too obviously Prospect #2143

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks. Assume Beck, Mesar, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Prost, Trudeau, Hutson, Heineman, as well.

Also me too obviously Prospect #2143
Beck, Mesar, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Trudeau, Hutson and Heineman should be there unless Habs told them to go directly to Habs camp.

No idea why you included Protz in there. he should be there as a 1st year guy.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Habs with a feature on 5 players to watch at the prospect showdown: Hutson, Beck, Florian, Mailloux, and Reinbacher. They also list Mesar and Engstrom as honorable mentions.

Gonna be a fun showcase as 7 of Habs' top prospects will participate.
Can'y believe they wrote that these name is based on presumption. only.... Why? MTL doesn't know yet who's invited??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad