Salary Cap: Mitch Marner Contract Discussion Part VII | The Saga Continues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
is 11m X 7 really a discount?

nobody has conclusive proof that the Sharks offered more or was a city that included his wife, his wifes family, his family and the kid's he grew up playing with

up until he signed he had made 44.25m, JT is not a flashy guy doesn't own a stable of lambo's, bought a relatively modest home and is known to be a real family/homebody type of guy especially with his Uncle John, just the money he made in NY will be enough to keep his great grand children living a very comfortable life, the Leafs contract double's that surety.

He was free to sign with anyone, and wasn't there a claim the Islander claim they offered as much or more?

Yeah, he's probably overpaid but the Leafs weren't the only team willing to overpay happens every UFA season. Players can chose their destinations.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
is 11m X 7 really a discount?

nobody has conclusive proof that the Sharks offered more or was a city that included his wife, his wifes family, his family and the kid's he grew up playing with

up until he signed he had made 44.25m, JT is not a flashy guy doesn't own a stable of lambo's, bought a relatively modest home and is known to be a real family/homebody type of guy especially with his Uncle John, just the money he made in NY will be enough to keep his great grand children living a very comfortable life, the Leafs contract double's that surety.

I never said he signed with us on a discount. But seeing as you're changing the subject I'll assume you agree with my outlook, but will the relentless negativity and self-loathing cease? It typically doesn't but I guess we'll see...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Marner is not a typical winger though. He drives the play and has the vision and creativity of a centre, which is not surprising given his background in the OHL.

He is a crucial part of our offense. I think his speculated salary demands are still excessive, but Dubas made his bed with the Tavares and Matthews contracts, and now he has to lie in it.

Both marner and the Leafs have options.

I'm okay with whatever the outcome is.

Reactions: therealkoho

Cotton

May 13, 2013
How does it work?
In this day and age there must be video of him berating his son after an NHL Game? With the Knights?

You implied Marner being an adult somehow changes Paul being a dick. That's not how it works, if anything his years of being a dick unchecked would of habituated.

Reactions: Diddy and ToneDog

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
JT was promised the team would have a home when he signed at a discount and by the end of his contract they still didn't. Elite UFA's leaving ASAP may become a reality in the future (I don't have a crystal ball) but there's absolutely no reason or precedence to feel sorry for yourself.

I never said he signed with us on a discount. But seeing as you're changing the subject I'll assume you agree with my outlook, but will the relentless negativity and self-loathing cease? It typically doesn't but I guess we'll see...

pardon me?

and seriously stop with the amateurish psychonanalysis you sound foolish

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
pardon me?

and seriously stop with the amateurish psychonanalysis you sound foolish

I'm not an Islanders fan ? When I say "us" I refer to Leafs. When I say he was promised the team would have a home, I am obviously referring to Islanders not having a permanent arena. Maybe a bit of analysis on your end would save you some trouble.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marner is severely overplaying his hand in a moment of crisis for the Leafs rebuild.

By making it a Matthews vs Marner situation I think he’s inadvertently putting into motion the Leafs ultimately choosing Matthews over him and sending him packing even if he re-signs this summer.

Reactions: Menzinger

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You implied Marner being an adult somehow changes Paul being a dick. That's not how it works, if anything his years of being a dick unchecked would of habituated.
No I replied to a post regarding Marner yelling at his kid and that no longer happens because Mitch is no longer a kid. However you think anything works has nothing to do with my post.

Judging a persons character based in a short 10 year old video is kind of being a dick. Hopefully not unchecked.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
No I replied to a post regarding Marner yelling at his kid and that no longer happens because Mitch is no longer a kid. However you think anything works has nothing to do with my post.

Judging a persons character based in a short 10 year old video is kind of being a dick. Hopefully not unchecked.

I haven't even seen the video, I'm just pointing out certain behaviors are more likely to habituate rather than stop without intervention. This doesn't even have to be about Marner, but to say it no longer occurs because the child reached adulthood is a great assumption.

Look at the Danton case for an example, the player who tried to have his agent clipped, he had been abusing him since childhood and aslong as he had access he maintained control, even as an adult.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

If he does it just trade him. Shows he doesn't give a f*** about his team, his hometown team. The team he grew up cheering for. f*** him if he does it. Just means he is gone after the deal, and if he won't do 8 years, what's the point? Get a good RD and a replacement forward and replace the first for next year.

Reactions: TimeZone

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

Fine, then take a hike Mitch.

If he takes a single meeting, I will lose a ton of respect for the guy!

Just paid a 1st round pick to clear room for the guy. If all he cares about is paycheque then get rid of him!

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
If he does it just trade him. Shows he doesn't give a **** about his team, his hometown team. The team he grew up cheering for. **** him if he does it. Just means he is gone after the deal, and if he won't do 8 years, what's the point? Get a good RD and a replacement forward and replace the first for next year.

Honestly, if people like you are majority, I'd expect Marner to demand a trade just so he doesn't have to be treated like this.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Honestly, if people like you are majority, I'd expect Marner to demand a trade just so he doesn't have to be treated like this.
I think you are minority here pal. If Marner is delusional to think he deserves more than Matthews, then see ya later.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

Good! I'll get Dubas and we can make it official.

Hometown guy should be making this easy. Look at Kappy (not even a hometown guy but wants to win here)! I want a team of people who want to win, not whine!

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Good. Oh poor Marner, having to take 9.5 million instead of 11. Let's start a go fund me for hi, so he doesn't starve to death playing a game for a living.

You can say that about almost every professional athlete. Why not cap every player at $3 million then? People don't need more than that to play a game. The bottom line is he just watched his teammate get paid $7 million to put up 27 points while he put up 94. It's a matter of respect.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
You can say that about almost every professional athlete. Why not cap every player at $3 million then? People don't need more than that to play a game. The bottom line is he just watched his teammate get paid $7 million to put up 27 points while he put up 94. It's a matter of respect.

Paul is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad