Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
And you'll read it again and again. This team should have been dropped three years ago and we would be in way better shape. Watching Boston vs Toronto on saturday really shows how much the good teams drop there play against the flyers and it sucks because we were the team everyone would wanna match up against.

I don't have an issue with reading it multiple times. I'm just keeping track of how many times you say it before anything substantial happens.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I don't have an issue with reading it multiple times. I'm just keeping track of how many times you say it before anything substantial happens.
Fletcher just cant jump because of fans. I don't really like the way this team plays and mangement dont either but he has to make proper trades so take the time.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Fletcher just cant jump because of fans. I don't really like the way this team plays and mangement dont either but he has to make proper trades so take the time.

Now this sounds different than majority of your posts on this topic and in a way I agree.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
We better not be buyers like some suggest... Trade what we can trade for best price available and waive the rest and start bringing players from AHL.. Vorobyev, Myers etc etc..

Reactions: FlyTimmo

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
I wonder if Fletch is being patient because the cloning machine isn't quite perfected yet. Once we can have infinite Hagg's we should be able to sell off most of the team for Ryan Reaves and clone him to get our forwards shored up.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I wonder if Fletch is being patient because the cloning machine isn't quite perfected yet. Once we can have infinite Hagg's we should be able to sell off most of the team for Ryan Reaves and clone him to get our forwards shored up.
Reeves loved by vegas but hated by flyer fans hahahahah the new breed isn't good for the world.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Carrier uh carries that 4th line but they've all been great (Carrier, Bellemare, Reaves). Carrier is sort of a Rafflesque player. If there are forwards on Vegas that need to be upgraded it's Lindberg and Carpenter.

Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Carrier uh carries that 4th line but they've all been great (Carrier, Bellemare, Reaves). Carrier is sort of a Rafflesque player. If there are forwards on Vegas that need to be upgraded it's Lindberg and Carpenter.
All take the body and forecheck hard. Simmonds to Vegas maybe lol.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
There was nothing wrong with Hextall's moves
:huh:

-Hiring Dave Hakstol
-Signing Michal Neuvirth and then re-signing him
-Signing Brian Elliott
-Trading for Petr Mrazek
-Signing Dale Weise
-Not doing anything to fix the PK whether it be coaching and/or players
-Ignoring the glaring need to upgrade the defense and center positions the last two summers
-Over valuing his own prospects and young players

All just fine moves/non moves, right :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

-Hiring Dave Hakstol
-Signing Brian Elliott
-Trading for Petr Mrazek
-Signing Dale Weise

-Ignoring the glaring need to upgrade the defense and center positions the last two summers

All the bold are dumb complaints.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

-Hiring Dave Hakstol
-Signing Brian Elliott
-Trading for Petr Mrazek
-Signing Dale Weise

Hexy didn't do much well now that we sorta see what we have.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The initial signings of Elliott and Neuvrith were not bad moves and the Weise signing was a logical addition that is clouded by hindsight.

Weise was always paid for way, way too long. That was obvious when he was signed.

Elliott/Neuvirth paired with an idiot coach who cannot handle goalies was clearly a bad move, and has bad results.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And trading for Mrazek was forced by circumstances.

Nor was Hakstol a bad choice given the requirement to stay competitive (probably dictated by Holmgren) which meant implementing a conservative scheme (because of lack of talent, made worse by the decision to rebuild while trying to compete). He got them to the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons with what has become obvious was a mediocre roster. In hindsight, making the playoffs probably wasn't a good thing on a number of levels (draft picks, expectations).

If you were committed to a rebuild, a more wide open scheme (but nothing stupid like Weight in NY) has the advantage of making it easier to evaluate talent as we're currently seeing - it exposes those who can't skate or lack open ice instincts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And trading for Mrazek was forced by circumstances.

Nor was Hakstol a bad choice given the requirement to stay competitive (probably dictated by Holmgren) which meant implementing a conservative scheme (because of lack of talent, made worse by the decision to rebuild while trying to compete). He got them to the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons with what has become obvious was a mediocre roster. In hindsight, making the playoffs probably wasn't a good thing on a number of levels (draft picks, expectations).

If you were committed to a rebuild, a more wide open scheme (but nothing stupid like Weight in NY) has the advantage of making it easier to evaluate talent as we're currently seeing - it exposes those who can't skate or lack open ice instincts.

Actually, the roster dragged themselves to the playoffs despite Hakstol holding them back. We've been over this, remember? You had no way to logically prove your assertions while we could.

I'm surprised you haven't turned on Hakstol. Considering your eternal pleas to authority, one would think you'd have immediately altered your opinion on Hakstol when higher authorities deemed him to be unworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad