Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just think, 3 years ago the Flyers defence had both MDZ and Schenn on it.oh, it also had:

Streit
Ghost
Schultz
Manning
Gudas
Medvedev
MacDonald

And somehow, Mason posted a.918 SV% and Neuvirth a .924 SV%. Hell, 3 years later and only Ghost and Gudas are not waiver fodder or retired!

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Just think, 3 years ago the Flyers defence had both MDZ and Schenn on it.oh, it also had:

Streit
Ghost
Schultz
Manning
Gudas
Medvedev
MacDonald

And somehow, Mason posted a.918 SV% and Neuvirth a .924 SV%. Hell, 3 years later and only Ghost and Gudas are not waiver fodder or retired!
And that unit played better.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Imagine knowing so little about hockey that you think EVEN ONE Hagg is a good thing.

Three? That's just embarrassing for the little fella.

I guess it makes sense that a player with no skill or brains attracts a certain type of fan.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Yes we would. All the top teams d finish checks and play the opposing forwards hard and thats puck mover included.

Hatch, are you saying that Hagg is a puck mover?

Good D men make it hard to enter a zone, get on the forecheckers and get the puck out fast.

I understand you like tough but Hagg..kind of sucks. He's been decent on the PK at times, I'll give him that.

The best you can hope is you don't notice him.

Myers and Morin are the tough you should want.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Good D men make it hard to enter a zone, get on the forecheckers and get the puck out fast.

I understand you like tough but Hagg..kind of sucks. He's been decent on the PK at times, I'll give him that.

Morin is no gem with the puck on his stick. I’d like him on the 3rd pair, but he’s another defenseman who struggles with turnovers on a D chock full of them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see what Morin does, right now he's an urban myth, "did you hear about the 235 lb D-man who can skate in a straight line?"
Myers is for real, but watching Sanheim, he may need a couple years before he's a reliable NHL defenseman.
Skill is one thing, but the experience and hockey IQ to squelch opposing teams in your D-zone takes time.

Hagg is a limited player, though he looked great on the PK, and needs a puck mover at RHD (Friedman?) to be effective.
But the same can be said about Gudas, who plays much better with a puck mover at LHD.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Morin is no gem with the puck on his stick. I’d like him on the 3rd pair, but he’s another defenseman who struggles with turnovers on a D chock full of them.

He still has to get into NHL action to show us but he has the potential to be at least efficient at zone exits if not good.

He can also skate circles around the Hagg's of the world.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Imagine knowing so little about hockey that you think EVEN ONE Hagg is a good thing.

Three? That's just embarrassing for the little fella.

I guess it makes sense that a player with no skill or brains attracts a certain type of fan.
Hiding again lol? Block block block but respond. I get to you every time boy.

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

Those two will be on the team with him. Haggs job is to chip pucks out like you saw with Boston d all night. Around the boards and chips off glass but Boston d sucks I guess for playing that way. To be fair if we had more then one. Forward come back and do something in the dzone all of our d would look better.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I just see him make a lot of mistakes getting the puck out and with positioning. Guys like Ghost, Provy and Sanheim have all had bad games/plays/turn overs and Ghost seemingly can't hit the net on offence.

The difference is they are very good/great players making bonehead plays, for which they deserve criticism.

Hagg is young but I don't see that he's more than he is. Basically below average in all facets.

A hot woman can have a bad hair day (Ghost/Sanheim) but she's still hot.

An ugly woman is...always that. (Hagg)

Anyway, agree to disagree Hatch.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He still has to get into NHL action to show us but he has the potential to be at least efficient at zone exits if not good.

He can also skate circles around the Hagg's of the world.
I don’t think “skate circles” is the best way to put it. Hagg is a better skater than Morin in tight. Morin struggles with pivots & agility. But Morin certainly can eat up way more territory in straight lines & would win a race. (At least before the knee reconstruction.)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
de8014926466f58a6dff406e8ee10d5a.png

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Sure, with his size that is logically going to take longer to master. I'd like to see him in action after the reconstruction. That will give us a better measuring stick for his ability.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I have not soured on Fletch whatsoever apart from the Myers bull****.

Hexy had to go without question.

Just wanted to clarify. Disliking Hagg has nothing to do with that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm still waiting for Fletcher to blow it up and trade away all the stars like Little Fruit promised.

Surely he wasn't talking out of his ass, was he?

Get rid of all the skill and then add more Hagg types. That's how you win! Goals don't matter. Only hits.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I have read this post in various wording about 1000 times from you for the past 50 days
And you'll read it again and again. This team should have been dropped three years ago and we would be in way better shape. Watching Boston vs Toronto on saturday really shows how much the good teams drop there play against the flyers and it sucks because we were the team everyone would wanna match up against.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There was nothing wrong with Hextall's moves, it was his inability to function in an organization, from communicating and handling his superiors, delegating authority and holding subordinates accountable, to getting his message out through the media that doomed him.

And having all his goalies go down with injury, as well as Couts' hurting his knee, leading to a horrible start this season.

And not signing Stastny, the player he needed, and having to settle for JVR as a consolation prize who is a poor fit for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad