Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
What are the TML doing? I thought Reimer was pretty good this season.

This is a win-win for both. The Kings gave up a goalie who plays about 20 games a year and got one back in Scrivens who can do just that and for less money. They also got Frattin who will either play second or third line LW, which was needed. He's 3 years younger than Read and is an RFA after next season so there isn't much fear of losing him, they got a second rounder as well as $500,000 which goes against the cap, and that could go towards re-signing Scuderi who is a UFA. If it means the end of Penner that's more money off the cap. Several issues could be resolved with this one move because they were up against the cap after this year.

The Leafs get a better goalie than the one they've got, a guy with a glove hand and rebound control. Now there is talk that Phaneuf is on the table. This could be a very eventful off season in the league which is fun for fans!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Luckily no fatalities reported in Calgary yet.

A friend of mine says his parents have lost their house and car in the flood.

3 people died. A friend of mine was able to get to his house yesterday and said the basement was flooded up to about a foot from the ceiling so his main floor is okay. He was interviewed on the news so everyone was happy to see that he was okay.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Mackenzie: Tortorella, BTW, is one of three candidates - Peter Laviolette and Dan Bylsma are the others - to be head coach of 2014 U.S. Olympic team.
6:35pm - 23 Jun 13

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It couldn't have been very far. Read was definitely a better player than Frattin, though the contract situation could have been a factor.

Frattin's an RFA who won't be looking for a big raise next summer like Read. The Leafs had a legit backup to offer and they retained salary, two things we absolutely couldn't offer. So we probably had give a little something more to compensate for that.

I agree that Read is the superior player to Frattin though. You kind of hope Frattin turns into the type of player Read is now.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Mackenzie: Tortorella, BTW, is one of three candidates - Peter Laviolette and Dan Bylsma are the others - to be head coach of 2014 U.S. Olympic team.
6:35pm - 23 Jun 13

sooo balls to the wall defense, balls to the wall offense, or balls to the wall offense. Take your pick, USA.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Well as expected Reimer doesn't sound too thrilled about the Leafs acquisition of Jonathan Bernier.

"It makes you feel a bit doubted as a goalie" - James Reimer

Yeah that's something I didn't understand about the trade. Didn't Reimer prove anything to the organization after the playoffs? I know game 7 sucked but he's the reason that series went 7 games in the first place.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah that's something I didn't understand about the trade. Didn't Reimer prove anything to the organization after the playoffs? I know game 7 sucked but he's the reason that series went 7 games in the first place.

Yup, I would have went with a veteran backup if I was them but at least they didn't give up anything real valuable in that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad