Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Great game so far, seems like Jagr got started by the Bolland hit and I swear I saw him hit someone later, haha. Bruins need to capitalize on that pressure so they won't end up the same as the Hawks before - losing after outshooting the opponent 19:4

(Edit - epic jinx, Jagr injured)

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Boston fans booing even though there's a pool of blood on the ice. Nice.

I doubt they're booing Shaw for 'faking' being injured, more the fact that the refs blew the play down, but just stop.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
it looked pretty bad, but I always think back to the 15 seconds or so that they allowed and the goal after Thoresons nuts got destroyed.

I mean I don't think he was faking, but I thought that was a relatively quick whistle. It's a tough call for the refs but I think he should have put the whistle away at least until the guy either shoots or goes behind the red line. Again, I don't think Shaw was faking, but quick whistles can lead to guys taking advantage and embellishing.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Yeah that's something I didn't understand about the trade. Didn't Reimer prove anything to the organization after the playoffs? I know game 7 sucked but he's the reason that series went 7 games in the first place.

His glovehand and rebound control has been a problem and hasn't improved. They were talking about this on the 2 sports radio stations here in Toronto today and the Leafs had problems with both those issues. They also were talking about how Reimer faced more than 30 SOG 26 times while Bernier only faced over 30 twice, but I don't think they keep a stat on how many extra shots were the result of his rebounds. They had two other issues with Reimer but I forget what they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad