Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012
The he can go to the KHL. Yeah he's a great player but after his piss poor performance against the Bruins he has the audacity to ask for up that kind of money?

Why not? With limits on contracts, there was always a good chance his cap hit was going to be higher than Crosby's. And 4 games doesn't mean much in the long run.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The he can go to the KHL. Yeah he's a great player but after his piss poor performance against the Bruins he has the audacity to ask for up that kind of money?

Oh that's right, your next contract is only based on your last four games. Forget about the fact that he is third in the playoffs in scoring. Forget about the fact that he has been among the most dominant players in the league for basically his entire career. He didn't play well against the Bruins. How dare he ask for a raise!

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Yes.

Let him and letang **** up their cap situation

Word is that with their deep pool of prospects, they might let Letang walk.

I'd rather they signed him to that contract to cripple them, but realistically, unlike them we might be able to afford him salary should we wait until he's a UFA.

Anyone interested?

I'm hesitant, but he's the kind of PMD we could use despite being a total *****.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I'd rather they signed him to that contract to cripple them, but realistically, unlike them we might be able to afford him salary should we wait until he's a UFA.

Anyone interested?

I'm hesitant, but he's the kind of PMD we could use despite being a total *****.

I think it depends on what he would be looking for. I wouldn't be interested at $7-$8 million and that is likely what he is going to look for.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Oh that's right, your next contract is only based on your last four games. Forget about the fact that he is third in the playoffs in scoring. Forget about the fact that he has been among the most dominant players in the league for basically his entire career. He didn't play well against the Bruins. How dare he ask for a raise!

Yeah he is a dominant player and he may deserve a raise but you realize he's coming off a contract w/ a cap hit of 8.7mil. He's putting his team in a bad position (not that I really care about the pens) but 10mil per is ridiculous. He would be making more money then Crosby at that point (who when healthy is obviously the better hockey player). Additionally he actually played arguably his best hockey before his 5 yr extention but now he wants a raise. Say what you will but big time players who get 10 mil per (Forsberg comes to mind) get it done when it matters most.

Yes I realize Foresberg made 10 mil per a while back and with inflation it would be much more today but times have changed and no one gets that type of money anymore.

I'd also appreciate it if you checked you sarcasm and hostility, there's no need for that.

Anyone interested?

No thanks, he'll get way more then he's worth and after that "fight" with Kimmo last yr I never want to see him don the orange n black.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 1m
From what I'm being told Dan Bylsma is safe and Shero will be saying just that at today's presser.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This is fantastic.

9274.gif

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
That's good news for Flyers fans :laugh:

I wonder how pens fans feel about it.

To answer my own question it seems many of them feel he's "wasting" Crosby and Malkins best years and needs to go. It also seem like more then the majority of their fan base is all for giving Malkin 10mil per. Some are even calling it a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad