Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Was he RFA or UFA? That seems like a JvR type of deal. Not quite worth it now but should be for the majority of the contract.

RFA, he's 23. He scored 16 points (5G, 11A) in 52 games in 2011-2012 and 18 points (5G, 13A) in 48 games this year. He was named the MVP, the Best Defender, and the Media All-Star Team at the World Championship's this summer for Switzerland. He put up 9 points (4G, 5A) in 10 games during that tournament.

It seems like they are paying him for what they think he'll turn out to be and using that WC as justification.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Letang doesn't even deserve to be in the running for that. :laugh:

I agree. Whenever I saw him in games he didn't really strike me as being among the best in the league.

They need to divide it into Norris and Orr, so you have the good defensive guys getting their due and the people who pile on points/offense can get theirs.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I agree. Whenever I saw him in games he didn't really strike me as being among the best in the league.

They need to divide it into Norris and Orr, so you have the good defensive guys getting their due and the people who pile on points/offense can get theirs.

Why not make one for best 2-way d-man too? What would that be called? The Lidstrom? I got nothing. :laugh:

Dale Lamontagne

OH MY. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That will end well if Stevens has learned nothing. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Word is that PK Subban is going to be named the Norris Trophy winner during the Stanley Cup Finals.

He is going to cost Montreal a ton of money to resign. Subban and his agent have no reason to settle for less than 8 years, $56 million.

That two year bridge deal doesn't seem so smart now.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool
Also, extension talks w/ Letang expected to begin this month. He seeks five-to-eight-year term, full no-move. #Pens believe $7-8M per sought

hilarious

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope they give it to him and end up in cap hell with $25 million tied up in three guys. None of whom would be confused for iron men.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool
Also, extension talks w/ Letang expected to begin this month. He seeks five-to-eight-year term, full no-move. #Pens believe $7-8M per sought

hilarious

I think they pretty much have to do it. I think he's overrated defensively, but who else do they have? It's not like letting him go improves their situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad