Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
0f9b053323b60d8436f984cfde93b7ba_large

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I really wish MAF was in the net whole series though... The games would be even more exciting :laugh:

If that was the case Boston would have scored at least 4 goals a game I think. Yup, it would have been hilarious to see all the flopping MAF does trying to stop the puck. :laugh:

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
That gif cut it off, but chara got kneed in the head pretty damn hard during that play too.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Who should be number 1?
edit: I rank best players by answering "if you're starting a team from scratch, who would you pick first":
1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Lundqvist
4. Quick
5. Chara
6. Rinne
7. Stamkos
8. Weber
9. Toews
10. Datsyuk

I think after that display, and how the season ended, Rask and Ovechkin deserve a look in there (another look in Ovi's case)

Not even a mention of Patrice Bergeron?? The guy is a workhorse and has a lot of skill. Plus his defense is well above average for a forward/center.

Bergie will continue to fly under the radar and make teams pay for underestimating his talent.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not even a mention of Patrice Bergeron?? The guy is a workhorse and has a lot of skill. Plus his defense is well above average for a forward/center.

Bergie will continue to fly under the radar and make teams pay for underestimating his talent.

I really like Bergeron but there's a handful of centers I would take over him off the top of my head.
-Crosby
-Malkin
-Stamkos
-Giroux
-Datsyuk
-Getzlaf
-Tavares
-Toews

Rolex

Jan 25, 2005
If there was ever a time to do it, it was when they still had Staal. Now's not the time.
Its going to be hard for them to get full value in return for him if they try to move him. Because they dealt off Staal, they would need a top two center coming back their way in any trade. The Penguins probably would want a haul similar to what the Flyers got for Lindros- a goaltender, two centers, two defensemen, a wing and two #1 draft choices. I can't see any team giving up close to that for Malkin. Even one center, one defenseman, a goal tender, a wing and two #1s would be too much for a team to give up today.
I don't believe that re-signing Malkin to a long term deal will be an easy thing for Pittsburgh. He's going to want a max contract and then Sidney would want his deal upgraded to match that. In the back of my mind, I think that Malkin sees himself as a leader of a team, like Ovey is in Washington, and will want to be in a place where he can be that. In Pittsburgh he just rides shot gun to Crosby.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012

Bergeron isn't flying under the radar - he won the Selke award last season. The only reason a portion of Bruins fans think he's underrated is because they like to consider him on the same level of Datsyuk/Toews/Kopitar and he's not. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's a top 10 center, let alone a top 10 player I would build a team around, and personally I think he's rated just fine right now (although if the Bruins win the cup, I'm sure he'll be overrated just like every player on the cup winning team is every year).

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm pulling for the west in the finals. Boston fans are getting spoiled with championships. :laugh:

Patriots 2001, 2003, 2004, Red Sox 2004, 2007, Celtics 2008, Bruins 2011.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
.... and here we sit. (Also, I don't count the Phillies championship as I loathe the Phillies and was rooting for them to lose)

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
I don't really share the hatred towards Boston. The only player I don't like on their team is Marchand, everyone else is tolerable. Also, Jagr needs to finish his career by lifting the Cup over his head. I wish it was in the Flyers uniform, but Boston will do. He deserves it.

One Cup for Richards and Carter is enough for me. I couldn't take seeing them win another, especially 2 in a row. The only reason why last year was bearable was because Gagne won it too. That made it all OK.

I really don't want Chicago to win. I'll admit, I'm still bitter over 2010. I think the Flyers deserved the Cup more that year.

Also, Ralph Krueger was fired by the Oilers after one season. Guess they aren't gonna be patient.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
One Cup for Richards and Carter is enough for me. I couldn't take seeing them win another, especially 2 in a row. The only reason why last year was bearable was because Gagne won it too. That made it all OK.

I really don't want Chicago to win. I'll admit, I'm still bitter over 2010. I think the Flyers deserved the Cup more that year.

^^^this^^^

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ

I love this guy!! The funny thing is Couturier well probably be better than him in 2 years but a lot of people around here have him in every trade proposal. Its crazy!!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Whoever that referee behind the net is, they ought not be working anymore in the NHL. He just decided a series-winning game with an abysmal non-call.

(Yes, I still think its a penalty. Looked like Bickel grabbed / hooked him, throwing him off balance, then Williams lost an edge.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad