Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Cindy and Gina combined for 0 points!!!!!! The Pens have to be the easiest team to get off their game, all that star power and they just got swept so sweet

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
sweep22.gif

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Anyone who calls Crosby the best player in the world after going scorless in a series should go get a lobotomy.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
So... can the "experts" stop praising Ray Shero? His three big trades did nothing and the Pens don't pick this year until the 3rd. Their trip to the Conf Finals sent next years 2nd rnd pick to the Sharks.

Shero went all in and lost. Dan B was abysmal though.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
After watching Marchand this series, I can't wait for Cousins to get to the NHL. I want our version of the little ball of hate.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
After watching Marchand this series, I can't wait for Cousins to get to the NHL. I want our version of the little ball of hate.

Did that r*pe accusation ever turn into anything? Can't wait for all the commentary on that. On any other team it wouldn't matter but you know the media can't let up on a misbehaving Philly player.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Anyone who calls Crosby the best player in the world after going scorless in a series should go get a lobotomy.

Who should be number 1?
edit: I rank best players by answering "if you're starting a team from scratch, who would you pick first":
1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Lundqvist
4. Quick
5. Chara
6. Rinne
7. Stamkos
8. Weber
9. Toews
10. Datsyuk

I think after that display, and how the season ended, Rask and Ovechkin deserve a look in there (another look in Ovi's case)

So... can the "experts" stop praising Ray Shero? His three big trades did nothing and the Pens don't pick this year until the 3rd. Their trip to the Conf Finals sent next years 2nd rnd pick to the Sharks.

No way. Shero did his job. He was pulling highway robberies in some of these deals. He deserves all the praise in the world. His coach should be unemployed by tomorrow morning though.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

I sorta agree, but Shero didn't coach the team or play the games. He did his part in putting together what he thought was the right team, the coach and players are the ones who couldn't get it done.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Did that r*pe accusation ever turn into anything? Can't wait for all the commentary on that. On any other team it wouldn't matter but you know the media can't let up on a misbehaving Philly player.

Charges have been dropped and he'll be a Phantom next yr so if he plays well he may get a shot after the inevitable injury bug hits the team.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Who should be number 1?

No way. Shero did his job. He was pulling highway robberies in some of these deals. He deserves all the praise in the world. His coach should be unemployed by tomorrow morning though.

I agree he did his job but it was a gamble. By no means is he a bad GM but when you go all in and lose, you can't be considered the best.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I'm still afraid that for some completely unknown and irrelevant reasons Letang will win the Norris.... Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad