Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Whoever that referee behind the net is, they ought not be working anymore in the NHL. He just decided a series-winning game with an abysmal non-call.

According to what I saw when I put it in slow-mo, Williams pretty clearly wiped out on his own. Bickell kinda gave him a slash, but not to his skates.

Edit: Yup, looks like Bickell wasn't even in contact with Williams when he started to fall. Fantastic non call in my eyes. If anything, that should be 2 minutes for diving (not quite, but moreso a dive than a trip).

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
According to what I saw when I put it in slow-mo, Williams pretty clearly wiped out on his own. Bickell kinda gave him a slash, but not to his skates.

Edit: Yup, looks like Bickell wasn't even in contact with Williams when he started to fall. Fantastic non call in my eyes. If anything, that should be 2 minutes for diving (not quite, but moreso a dive than a trip).

Its the earlier contact (hold / hook) that should have been called. It threw Williams off-balance, then he lost his edge.

And obviously it wasn't a dive. That's just silly. There's no reason to dive there. It doesn't get called in that game situation.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Glad these two teams got in, I enjoy watching them both. I can't imagine the Hawks can overcome the Bruins size and depth though.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=912&id=258467&cmpid=embed-share-video

Just a little comedy for those who haven't seen that, Bylsma presser

Especially for Beef, since he spoke a few times about how surreal he felt in discussions with Pens fans about MAF. No wonder they were reacting the way they were, Bylsma is unbelievably supporting him even now. I'm amazed how many times he repeated "Vokoun did what we wanted.. BUT! MAF will be here next year, he's going to take the net, he's the franchise goalie. And he will be."

Fantastic stuff... I realize this is the Flyers board so a Pens presser probably shouldn't appear here but this is impossible not to share.

Edit: And the part about their PP... "We haven't made many changes because we felt we had too many options"

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Bergeron isn't flying under the radar - he won the Selke award last season. The only reason a portion of Bruins fans think he's underrated is because they like to consider him on the same level of Datsyuk/Toews/Kopitar and he's not. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's a top 10 center, let alone a top 10 player I would build a team around, and personally I think he's rated just fine right now (although if the Bruins win the cup, I'm sure he'll be overrated just like every player on the cup winning team is every year).

Indeed... he won the Selke because, like I already pointed out, he has among the best (if not THE best) defensive instincts of ANY forward in the NHL. That's the whole point of the trophy. There is a reason Bergeron is moving on to the SCF while the league's "top dogs" hit the golf course.

Patrice also has great offensive instincts too. Not to mention he was top 3 in the league this year in faceoff win percentage. Such is par for the course :handclap:

Anyhow, I still feel like he is underrated around the league. Why, you might ask??

Well for a playmaker of his talent, with his work ethic, defense, etc -- the faceoff % domination is just a cherry on top -- and for a guy who seems to make players around him better... he is still conspicuously left off "Top Ten Centers Lists" all over HF forums. All the time.

Perhaps I am just being a homer... but for Bergeron to not be considered a top 10 center is just mind-boggling to me. He is a big part of the reason the Bruins rolled over Bettman's Boys, and made it look easy.

On THAT note, i'll add one more thing. I've been lukewarm on Tuukka Rask ever since that 2010 choke against the Flyers... but i believe this season he has put that well behind him and this playoffs will prove to be his "national coming out party" as a top goaltender in the NHL.

Rask's technique is so sound he actually makes quality saves LOOK pedestrian because his positioning is perfect so often. And he is still very young... he had a quality regular season but he has taken his game to another level this postseason.

Then again, i will admit that the Bruins' chemistry and awesome team defense does help him out, obviously. But he still shut out Cindy, Gina and the rest TWICE. Two goals in almost 14 periods of playoff hockey!!!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know I'm probably a little late to the party on this, but man it must suck to be Jerome Iginla right now. Vetoed the trade to Boston so he could win a Cup in Pittsburgh, only to be swept in embarassing fashion by Boston.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
1003957_10100123918254106_1447269909_n.jpg

I was away this weekend so I apologize for the late response. But I figured that you guys would enjoy this :laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Well, was 0/2 on my Conference Finals picks.

For the Final, I'm taking Boston in 6, so congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the 2013 Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, was 0/2 on my Conference Finals picks.

For the Final, I'm taking Boston is 6, so congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the 2013 Stanley Cup.

I picked Bruins in six as well. I've been doing pretty good overall: round 1 7/8, round 2 3/4, conference finals 1/2. I've gotten one wrong in every round so far so it's not looking good for the Bruins :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad