Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ottawa is just on fire right now. Giroux, Stutzle, & Tkachuk are just playing at a really high level lately.

That skater group has the high talent on both front and back end. They’re missing Norris too. Imagine if they didn’t piss draft capital away on fit picks, and we could be talking about a truly top team soon instead of just good.

I know they’ve underperformed, but their poor first half reminded me of the Devils season last year, albeit the details weren’t identical. But that they were near the Flyers in the bottom 5-8 in the standings was totally misleading. A better coach, another season of development and talent additions, that’s the fun team everyone predicted.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Much better than NBC
Possibly. But is it really better to be at best the 6th most important sport at ESPN? I mean NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAAFB and NCAABB are all more important at this point and possibly others as well.

Might have been more productive to try something with Apple or Amazon. Or maybe even just done their own thing for a couple of years and offered different packages with less limitations online.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's what the league needs, water down the product further with franchises in cities where there is huge demand for ice hockey, b/c so many kids grow up playing the game.

Geez.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Stupidity. They're a niche sport, and always will be.

Smart strategy would be to strengthen that niche, make sure your existing franchises are on solid ground, and improve the product.

If you want to move into new markets, move out of your weakest existing markets.
The owners made over a billion from letting Vegas and Seattle into the league. I’m sure they’ll take your advice to not do that again. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad