Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Little Zac could prob get a 3rd right now.
Shit truck could prob get a 6th ( but NTC , hes never leaving his daddy Torts )
Hot Rod could get a HAUL
Provy could get a good return, will only go down as his reputation gets worse

Yet here we are , why do they all have to be franchise cornerstones .

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Calgary or Nashville could catch Seattle for the last playoff spot for the west.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

One of those gms wasn’t fletcher. He definitely would pay that price lol

Say what you want that is flat out the worst one sided trade in quite some time . I quite honestly would not trade Foote for Jennut straight up little alone the rest .

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Fletcher has to be jealous

They don’t care. They have been a successful franchise in the last 10 years anyway. You can try moves like this because they likely aren’t going to slip any time soon
Edit: for the record I would not do this trade. This is pretty bad. But this is what Tampa does at the deadline. Overpay for rentals that they think will help them win

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Kind of funny, in small sample, that Beauvillier has more points (10) and goals (6) than Horvat since the trade. Apropos of rehabilitation projects and cap dumps, that one qualified to me, along with Raty + 1st, although it’s still arguable Vancouver overvalued him. Pump him up next to Pettersson, he only has 1 more year left, there’s a realistic chance to flip him as a rental for something of value. Not Jordan f***ing Greenway on a 2 year deal in an unideal situation for even good players.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who was going to pay high for JVR with better players on the board?

I'd take Greenway as the bad contract in a trade, not as value in a trade, at worst you eat the money, at best you salvage him and flip him a year from now. Minnesota is up against the cap the next couple years, so they might sweeten a deal to dump him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They don’t need to move JVR at $3.5MM to the Wild for a deal involving Greenway as even an add-on. The Wild have $10MM in cap space for the deadline. There are plenty of teams that would take JVR for a straight up 2nd I’m sure. The reason Greenway would come back isn’t as a “bad contract” — and 3 year term is more than that — but because Fletcher values him and views it as a buy low. Period.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
4 straight multi goal games too. 50 goals and 65 assists in 61 games in the year 2023 lol imagine thinking anyone ever has been better than this guy
He's on pace for 155 points, which would make him the first player to score 150+ since Mario in 96.

I'd also like to point out that he hit 800 career points recently, making him the first player from the 2015 draft to get there (duh). The fun part is, he did it before anybody from the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 drafts, too. This is Connor's world, we're all just living in it.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
He's on pace for 155 points, which would make him the first player to score 150+ since Mario in 96.

I'd also like to point out that he hit 800 career points recently, making him the first player from the 2015 draft to get there (duh). The fun part is, he did it before anybody from the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 drafts, too. This is Connor's world, we're all just living in it.
Connor is a freak. He is the best player in the league since Mario, and it isn't particularly close. If he stays healthy and on the pace he's on, 97 will go down in history with 66 and 99.

I know some of you youngsters like to shlt all over Gretzky, but my favorite Gretzky stat is this... The fastest player to 1000 points was obviously Wayne. But do you know who the second fastest player to 1000 points was?? Hint, it was also Wayne - to 2000. And he got that 2nd 1000 while Mario was in the league.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Connor is a freak. He is the best player in the league since Mario, and it isn't particularly close. If he stays healthy and on the pace he's on, 97 will go down in history with 66 and 99.

I know some of you youngsters like to shlt all over Gretzky, but my favorite Gretzky stat is this... The fastest player to 1000 points was obviously Wayne. But do you know who the second fastest player to 1000 points was?? Hint, it was also Wayne - to 2000. And he got that 2nd 1000 while Mario was in the league.
Connor scores 275 points a season in 1844 when goalies didn't know they could bend their knees and when the average hockey player was worse than today's worst AHLers

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Why would anyone do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad