Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Reality is JVR should fetch a 2nd. If Minny wants to send back Greenway, then hr should be treated like a dump and a 1st come back instead of a 2nd.

Instead, it will be Greenway+3rd or4th because Fletch thinks he has value.

3rd liner + 4th is the exact return I predicted a few weeks back. Simmonds trade all over again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Greenway is a good bet to rebound, worth picking up but not giving anything of value.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Greenway is a good bet to rebound, worth picking up but not giving anything of value.

Why would it be worth anything to pick him up? He's not a longterm solution to anything. Best and worse case scenario is another Scott Laughton situation where they like him enough to keep him and try to make him a core piece. No way they try to build up his value and try to flip him. That's not how this management group operates.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Why would it be worth anything to pick him up? He's not a longterm solution to anything. Best and worse case scenario is another Scott Laughton situation where they like him enough to keep him and try to make him a core piece. No way they try to build up his value and try to flip him. That's not how this management group operates.

Au contraire. Look how well Chuck handled the Ryan Hartman scenario!

oh-never-mind-randy-marsh.gif

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
The only way we should be getting back Greenway in a JVR to Minnesota trade is if it is treated as a cap dump and we get more/better picks. And if Greenway does come here you are hoping he rebounds on his up/down alternating seasons next year and you can flip him to a contender at the deadline.

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
The only way we should be getting back Greenway in a JVR to Minnesota trade is if it is treated as a cap dump and we get more/better picks. And if Greenway does come here you are hoping he rebounds on his up/down alternating seasons next year and you can flip him to a contender at the deadline.
Can he rebound somewhere else? I mean why here? Dont we have enough?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really hate that the Ducks official hashtag is #FlyTogether. On twitter it looks like it's going to be something Flyers related.

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I agree. I am just saying that if he does come here it should be because it got us the best pick(s) possible for JVR. And then we try to flip him next TDL.
I just hope DeAngelo, JVR and Hayes are traded or given away. I do not care about return.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
If all that he could net is a 3rd. Might as well just keep him. Giving him away for zilch just shows that the FO can be played. Holding on to him has some merit. He’s not a stiff that should be allowed to be kicked to the curb for nothing. Only an incompetent GM would do that. Then again Fletcher….
That horse left the barn, won the triple crown, and was already put out to stud.

And no, there's absolutely no merit to keeping JVR on the team.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
And the Oilers could still miss the playoffs. Crazy.
I have a cousin that lives in Edmonton and he drank the kool aid that is Evander Kane last year when they aquired him . I warned him of the piece of shit that is Evander and they should offer him 3 mil max on a one year contract only .

He assured me that Kane had matured and that he was a great fit in Edmonton and was worth way more .
I asked him yesterday how that was working out for them and then laughed . All he said was "ya"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad