Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
No wonder the trade took forever. So many bodies and conditions. Don’t like the condition for sharks, devils could potentially keep their 24 1st.

Has holtz trended down lately? Seems like the sharks weren’t interested in him?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Two firsts are nice depending on the condition, but I probably would have held out for Casey. Shakir has good tools, but never been too confident in his ability to put them all together.
Didn't they draft Havelid one spot before Casey last year? It's illegal to have more than one small boi on defense (or in the pipeline) at one time.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Keep in mind that problem isn't just that Fletcher won't get good value for any upcoming trades.

The problem is he's get awful value AND it will be in the worst possible form.

We need draft picks. He's going to get a current NHL player. Someone big, dumb, and unskilled. Maybe someone who used to have a little potential and name recognition but is clearly not going to become anything of real value.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
San Jose got a pretty good haul:
Mukhamadulin #20-2020, 6'4 D having a solid KHL season at 20.
Okhotyuk D, #62-2019, has played 15g with the Devils but probably 3rd pair upside at best
Zetterlund 5'11 220 RW, 45g 5-12 17 ES at 23, 3rd line winger.
2023 1st, 2024 2nd that becomes a top 10 protected 1st if they reach the CF in 2023 or 2024 (pretty good bet).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think you're undervaluing Mukhamadullin, 1st rd pick who's playing up to his draft status in the KHL,
67g 6-19 25 +16, next D-men on his team scored 24, 20 and 17.
6'4 190 when drafted, has a big time shot, can skate. Top 4 potential.
Probably discounted b/c of the issue of getting him out of Russia, but San Jose can wait two or three years, let him grow up in the KHL and have him ready to play when he comes over.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
I had this beautiful daydream today. That maybe the deafening silence from the flyers front office is actually a statement about where things are. That Fletcher and crew have been told they are only permitted to move a few expiring contracts by the trade deadline, and only for futures. That any other roster maneuvering will be done by whoever takes over. That fletcher and his crew, along with Clark and the old guard will all be officially sh1tcanned shortly after the deadline so that the new regime can come in and decide how to start putting out the dumpster fire.

I know it's just a dream. Don't burst my bubble.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I had this beautiful daydream today. That maybe the deafening silence from the flyers front office is actually a statement about where things are. That Fletcher and crew have been told they are only permitted to move a few expiring contracts by the trade deadline, and only for futures. That any other roster maneuvering will be done by whoever takes over. That fletcher and his crew, along with Clark and the old guard will all be officially sh1tcanned shortly after the deadline so that the new regime can come in and decide how to start putting out the dumpster fire.

I know it's just a dream. Don't burst my bubble.
I had the same thought, but why not just fire everyone before the deadline? Especially with Briere the clear next in line.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think you're undervaluing Mukhamadullin, 1st rd pick who's playing up to his draft status in the KHL,
67g 6-19 25 +16, next D-men on his team scored 24, 20 and 17.
6'4 190 when drafted, has a big time shot, can skate. Top 4 potential.
Probably discounted b/c of the issue of getting him out of Russia, but San Jose can wait two or three years, let him grow up in the KHL and have him ready to play when he comes over.

Mukhamadullin is coming over this summer.

He’s a good prospect, it’s just that he’s the top affiliated prospect in a deal for a top-flight 26.25yo Forward. That’s a win.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Mukhamadullin is coming over this summer.

He’s a good prospect, it’s just that he’s the top affiliated prospect in a deal for a top-flight 26.25yo Forward. That’s a win.
Who knows about any Russian? If he hasn't done his military service, anything is possible.
It's basically 3 1st rd picks to rent Meier and maybe extend him (but you can't make that conditional anymore, so the risk is on NJ). But Mukhamadullin is probably discounted b/c it's Russia in 2023.

Age only matters if he resigns with them, and even then, he's not going to be surplus value, he's going to get paid. But NJ has a 2-3 year window when they can afford to overpay, before they have to lock up their young stars and become Toronto East,

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Age only matters if he resigns with them, and even then, he's not going to be surplus value, he's going to get paid. But NJ has a 2-3 year window when they can afford to overpay, before they have to lock up their young stars and become Toronto East,

I am convinced this idea that being Toronto is undesirable is someone at the CIA’s wacky idea to destabilize Ontario. When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad