Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I was talking the other day about how, even in their wildest talentless dreams, it's hard to see the Flyers snagging a wild card for the rest of the 2020s. As long as Bergeron is willing and Pastrnak gets signed, I'd say the Bruins have at least 2 more years as a legit Cup threat. Doesn't preclude them from being in the playoff hunt after. Toronto, Tampa, Carolina, Jersey, Rangers......they're not going anywhere for a long time. Panthers should be able to get back into the playoffs with a 1 year regroup; the Isles are that annoying perma-bubble team; Buffalo will be among the top teams sooner than later; Detroit is already sneaking into wild card territory; and Ottawa will eventually have a push.

That's 11 teams, and I think that's a realistic assessment. And THREE of those teams must miss every year. If you think that's bleak for the Flyers miracle 8th seed and pray plans, I decided to whip up a realistic Blue Jackets roster for next season -- even being generous that they don't get Bedard and don't spend to the cap. They have a lot of optionality. Tell me this roster isn't also better than the Flyers, sans goaltending:

RraWUVu.png

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I was talking the other day about how, even in their wildest talentless dreams, it's hard to see the Flyers snagging a wild card for the rest of the 2020s. As long as Bergeron is willing and Pastrnak gets signed, I'd say the Bruins have at least 2 more years as a legit Cup threat. Doesn't preclude them from being in the playoff hunt after. Toronto, Tampa, Carolina, Jersey, Rangers......they're not going anywhere for a long time. Panthers should be able to get back into the playoffs with a 1 year regroup; the Isles are that annoying perma-bubble team; Buffalo will be among the top teams sooner than later; Detroit is already sneaking into wild card territory; and Ottawa will eventually have a push.

That's 11 teams, and I think that's a realistic assessment. And THREE of those teams must miss every year. If you think that's bleak for the Flyers miracle 8th seed and pray plans, I decided to whip up a realistic Blue Jackets roster for next season -- even being generous that they don't get Bedard and don't spend to the cap. They have a lot of optionality. Tell me this roster isn't also better than the Flyers, sans goaltending:

RraWUVu.png
Still have pens, caps too and both have more cap space than we do next year lol. Both can revamp their lineup a little while they have their top stars if they choose to do so. It’s what makes me so mad about this team. We won’t have anything to look forward to for a while now. Even if we get rid of fletcher, the next gm is just f***ed. That guy will have to undo everything, get fired for not doing too much, and then another moron can come in and ruin everything again. We’re in an endless f***ing cycle

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Still have pens, caps too and both have more cap space than we do next year lol.

For sure, they still have some playoff appearances between them, even if they're approaching the end. That's how f***ing nonsensical and delusional the Flyers are......the only team we haven't mentioned in the entire Eastern Conference is Montreal. :laugh:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
For sure, they still have some playoff appearances between them, even if they're approaching the end. That's how f***ing nonsensical and delusional the Flyers are......the only team we haven't mentioned in the entire Eastern Conference is Montreal. :laugh:
Lmao And they have a better future too lol. Better farm, more picks, young stars are better…

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Seeler is too valuable, Hayes is the player face of the franchise or Fletcher wants him to be. We've already seen that he thinks trading JVR is hard so why bother.
"Look, guys, I didn't have to send our 1st with JvR! Why aren't you happy?"

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Fletcher deserves to be unemployed for the rest of his life. He can't be trusted to put together a boy dog at the concession stand for a peewee hockey tournament much less do anything at all at a higher level
If it were any other poster, I'd be sure this was a typo.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
In the last 5 games (which included a win!) the Flyers have been outscored by a combined total of 25-10. It's 16-4 over this 3 game losing streak. It's not like we were a good team before this latest "rough patch." It's mind boggling. I don't really have anything else to say.

I guess I can be happy we have this awesome core locked in for a while.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007

RraWUVu.png
Don't worry, we're just a few years away from being the Devils

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Meanwhile the Flyers are torn on whether they should trade Nick Seeler or not. :laugh:

This team has been one of the best in the league over the last four years prior to this one. They could have easily chalked this year up as an anomaly but they’re ripping the band aid off. The Flyers have refused to rip the band aid off since the Bubble year despite missing the playoffs every year since then & having a bottom five finish in there & on their way to another bottom ten finish this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad