Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
While checking in on Dean this season I stumbled on one of the craziest stat lines I've seen. Absurd run.

1677434298606.png

Pretty good return for St. Louis.

Vegas = LA Rams of the NHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At this rate, JVR to Minnesota with 50% retention for a 2024 3rd and Jordan Greenway is my prediction.

Fletcher would be so proud of himself thinking he got a bargain on Greenway. So I could see it.

In reality he’d just be doing Minnesota a favor by taking that unnecessary contract on for a bad player who’s best quality is his measurables.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Pretty good return for St. Louis.

With two likely late firsts already this year through the ROR & Tarasenko trades. You get a former late first rounder in Dean who’s held value post draft & will be going into his D+3 year at the pro level next year for St. Louis.

Probably a middle of the lineup guy if everything goes right. I’d imagine St. Louis is looking at guys like Thomas & Kyrou to build around a few years from now when they’re in their prime.

Reactions: Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

With two likely late firsts already this year through the ROR & Tarasenko trades. You get a former late first rounder in Dean who’s held value post draft & will be going into his D+3 year at the pro level next year for St. Louis.

Probably a middle of the lineup guy if everything goes right. I’d imagine St. Louis is looking at guys like Thomas & Kyrou to build around a few years from now when they’re in their prime.

@FLYguy3911 and me: "Only 19th?"

I thought his production would take a bigger step than it has, but Gatineau has been a weird team over the years with their depth. He played on Canada's 4th line at the WJC, and besides the dumb energy penalties, he still looked quite talented in sparse minutes. I know we really liked his feel and projectability at center. He does have underrated skill and wheels. It's quite possible there's a middle 6 center there, and as you said, ready to turn pro.

All for a meh UFA rental wing. No chance Fletcher gets this type of return for JVR, despite being a similar production player at a similar cost, with retention. I would've leapt at this one.

A 60 year old first time GM. Love a good youth movement!

I thought Trotz was older than that, but can anyone tell me why he'd be a good GM in 2023? Seems like touchy feely Predators Legacy shit more than a savvy front office hire. But it's a No Man's Land team, so I guess a No Man's Land hire works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad