Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Screenshot_20230129_193233_Twitter.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Hershey's annual teddy bear toss was today. Before the game I took to the Bears thread on the Caps board. I mused, out of curiosity, what the protocol would be if the team got shut out on bear toss night, because it never happened to the Bears in their near-15 years of doing this.

The Bears got shut out today. By a goalie who had a 3.66 GAA and. 881 SVP in 19 or 20 games entering today, specifically.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Hershey's annual teddy bear toss was today. Before the game I took to the Bears thread on the Caps board. I mused, out of curiosity, what the protocol would be if the team got shut out on bear toss night, because it never happened to the Bears in their near-15 years of doing this.

The Bears got shut out today. By a goalie who had a 3.66 GAA and. 881 SVP in 19 or 20 games entering today, specifically.

Don't leave us hanging - what was the protocol?

Reactions: DancingPanther

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Don't leave us hanging - what was the protocol?
Short answer: toss them at the end of the game.

Long answer: Protocol as given on the broadcast was that if the team didn't score by the 5 minutes to go mark of the 3rd period, an announcement would be made to not throw them on the ice even if the Bears scored and to wait until the end of the game to toss them. Cleanup for it usually takes a solid 45 minutes and they just wanted to get the rest of the game in. It was a 2-0 game (and wound up being a 2-0 final) so there was a chance for a comeback still.

The announcement was made at the first stoppage with less than five minutes left. The fans weren't happy and one even threw their stuffed animal on the ice right then and there, lol. There was a stoppage with 5.4 seconds left, so most of the fans just started throwing them then and the game was called.

Wilkes-Barre had their teddy bear toss against Hershey last month and scored their first (and only goal) very late into the 2nd period, but iirc they were going to have the fans throw them during the second intermission if they hadn't scored after two periods. So it might vary by team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Shows you how much I follow hockey these days thanks to the Flyers but whoa how D fook is Seattle good this year??! Lol.....exposing the consensus committe once again as the fraudulant hucksters they truly are...

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Bobby Hull has indeed died, rest in peace Golden Jet. Guy might have been an asshole, but he was an all time great on the ice.
Dude hit on my mom when we lived in Winnipeg and my mom got his autograph for me at some signing event..lol. I just remember him handing the picture with the autograph to me and him flirting with my mom.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dude hit on my mom when we lived in Winnipeg and my mom got his autograph for me at some signing event..lol. I just remember him handing the picture with the autograph to me and him flirting with my mom.
My Aunt told me a story of when younger, her friend set her up on a date with a guy who played hockey(Jr. age). She said the date was fine but she didn't want to date a hockey player.

The guy was Bobby Orr.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
My Aunt told me a story of when younger, her friend set her up on a date with a guy who played hockey(Jr. age). She said the date was fine but she didn't want to date a hockey player.

The guy was Bobby Orr.
I don't think Bobby Orr though was a domestic abuser like Hull......so your aunt definitely messed up..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad