Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If the Flyers were competent, the Bruins would be in for a tough run:
PIT
PIT
PHI
PHI
WSH
PHI
WSH

.... but then play 6 of 11 against the Sabres at one point.

I'd say the Sabres should have a win by then, but it's already ungodly that they've made it his long without one.

Reactions: ellja3

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
ODDS TO WIN 2021 NHL STANLEY CUP FINAL
TeamAmericanFractional
Tampa Bay Lightning+55011/2
Vegas Golden Knights+65013/2
Colorado Avalanche+75015/2
Toronto Maple Leafs+8008/1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dont worry. All our problems will be solved at noon tomorrow.

When we replace our most mobile top 4 D with a college rookie? Absolutely.

I mean, we don't trust 5 year vets in a bottom pair role on this team. But sure, let's plug an untested rookie in during a "get to the playoffs" stretch. It makes perfect sense.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
When we replace our most mobile top 4 D with a college rookie? Absolutely.

I mean, we don't trust 5 year vets in a bottom pair role on this team. But sure, let's plug an untested rookie in during a "get to the playoffs" stretch. It makes perfect sense.
Worked for Gostisbehere in his rookie season....

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Worked for Gostisbehere in his rookie season....

Ghost was thrown in because of injuries, if i recall correctly. He wasn't tossed in to the lineup because we decided to not play one of our best defensemen.

And for what it's worth, I personally don't have a problem with York being in the lineup. He can't be any worse than Prosser or Hagg. I just highly doubt this management team would make that decision consciously.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Jesus lol.

How can this guy have so little self awareness?

4a15fc053c3c3d13afa4585c9adcd450--tv-series-television.jpg

Reactions: Lindberg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Florida’s goaltending situation gets even stranger. Dreidger has clearly outperformed Bob this year now you have another goalie getting added to the mix.

It’s not the current regime’s fault as this was a gift from Tallon but f***. They found a good cheap stop gap in Dreidger.

Another example of not giving goalie’s big money/long term deals. They’re all expandable.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Gotta think Hart gets a bridge deal. No reason he should sign long-term after the season he just had. 2-3M x 2 years seems reasonable to me.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I can see how that Demko deal could turn south quickly. He's got way less games played than Hart. Definitely some upside at 5/5 but if it goes bad, watch out.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wowza.

Seems like a risky commitment, even though Demko has had a great 9 months.

Wonder if they'll re-up Ian Clark for the same. :laugh:
I think if I were a decision maker, I'd probably have an internal cap of 2 years on goalie contracts. I'll pay the premium, but goalies are so volatile, I have no interest in getting stuck in a long term deal for one.

The season Hart is having is why I never ranked him high in u25 and prospect rankings. Not because I didn't believe in him, but you just never know with goalies. You more or less know what you're getting with skaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad