Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kings masterful performance in Edmonton, spearheaded by a hat trick from (*checks notes*) Trevor Moore

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yeah we had this guy, Was the face of the franchise and he was traded away for pennies on the dollar. Who needs talent anyway.
I hear you and agree, Fletched, but my point was that in the scheme of things faceoff% isn't one of my principal concerns, given that when they were doing great winning faceoffs they were still awful. This team needs talent to not just win faceoffs -- which will improve when (if?) the 1C returns -- but do something with the puck when they get it.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I hear you and agree, Fletched, but my point was that in the scheme of things faceoff% isn't one of my principal concerns, given that when they were doing great winning faceoffs they were still awful. This team needs talent to not just win faceoffs -- which will improve when (if?) the 1C returns -- but do something with the puck when they get it.

What do the Flyers do a lot of. Turn pucks over either willingly or on purpose. They would win a faceoff, keep for a few seconds and dump it down the ice. This team has had shitty puck possession numbers for a long time.
Who was the last coach we had that stressed offense and puck possession? Lavy. It’s been that goddamn long.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
That whole overtime what a shitshow. I love Rod, but putting Staal-Pesce-Skjei out for an offensive zone faceoff ain't it.
I might be wrong, but I’ve seen burns get a shift in ot after pesce, skjei, and slavin a few times now. I wanna see him out there more

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
What do the Flyers do a lot of. Turn pucks over either willingly or on purpose. They would win a faceoff, keep for a few seconds and dump it down the ice. This team has had shitty puck possession numbers for a long time.
Who was the last coach we had that stressed offense and puck possession? Lavy. It’s been that goddamn long.
Watching G score that bouncer goal the other day made me miss him that much more. What a basic, BASIC, smart play. Hey guys, instead of just giving them the puck, I'm gonna put it on net, and we get an O-zone draw. Boggles my mind that this seems like a rare idea.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Watching G score that bouncer goal the other day made me miss him that much more. What a basic, BASIC, smart play. Hey guys, instead of just giving them the puck, I'm gonna put it on net, and we get an O-zone draw. Boggles my mind that this seems like a rare idea.
Where's the grinding? Can't grind if you don't put the puck in the corner. What did Fletcher bring in all these try hards for if they don't play towards a grinding style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad