Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don't think anyone has playoff expectations in Philly.
But I'd prefer they not be roadkill, either.
The odds of winning the lottery are so low (Zona has a lock on the worst record) it's not worth pursuing.
its most defintiely worth pursuing this year dude wtf you mean? Getting a top 5 pick this year is huge for our cap strapped team and shit prospect pool.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The odds of winning the lottery are so low (Zona has a lock on the worst record) it's not worth pursuing.
It’s not something that they’re going to “pursue.” It’s something that’s going to happen through shitty roster building.

It’s unavoidable.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

So stuck in permanent mediocrity, where a poor GM like Fletcher can never have any prayer of getting any better?

No thanks. This team's only prayer is being so bad that they can't completely blow their picks. And that's what they're going to be anyway.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I’d rather the Flyers improve their play & build a new foundation than spend the season trying to lose.
The only problem I have with this is that I don't want Fletcher to be the one to build that foundation.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The only problem I have with this is that I don't want Fletcher to be the one to build that foundation.
Torts is building the new foundation.

Player-wise, they need their mid-20s guys to step up & to weed out the players who don’t. Konecny looks great. So does DeAngelo. That’s a good start.

If the team plays relatively well & shows progress,I have no problem keeping Fletcher. I simply disagree with those who scapegoat him. That said, if the new year rolls around and they are a mess, then I’ll have no problem if they make a change.

Reactions: TCTC

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Player-wise, they need their mid-20s guys to step up & to weed out the players who don’t. Konecny looks great. So does DeAngelo. That’s a good start.

If the team plays relatively well & shows progress,I have no problem keeping Fletcher. I simply disagree with those who scapegoat him. That said, if the new year rolls around and they are a mess, then I’ll have no problem if they make a change.
Tortorella's building the foundation as a coach, but Fletcher's still building the team. I just think he's reached his expiration date and the sad truth is that only losing can force a change.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

A list of Tortorella's job titles:

Head Coach

Hmm. I don't see "General Manager" in there.

Fletcher isn't being "scapegoated." He is fully to blame for everything wrong with this team.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I’d rather the Flyers improve their play & build a new foundation than spend the season trying to lose.
but it depends on the foundation. I don't care about building a weak foundation that will inevitably crumble. Building a foundation with back-to-back top 5 picks is something that can build a more solid foundation, especially with this years draft. Imagine we get adam fantilli. In two years we can have fantilli, cutter, brink, foerester in our top 6 with couts, farabee, tk.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It’s not something that they’re going to “pursue.” It’s something that’s going to happen through shitty roster building.

It’s unavoidable.
exactly...why fight the inevitable? Add as many picks as you can to these next two drafts and come back in a few years with something to actually build on.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
So stuck in permanent mediocrity, where a poor GM like Fletcher can never have any prayer of getting any better?

No thanks. This team's only prayer is being so bad that they can't completely blow their picks. And that's what they're going to be anyway.
A team can blow picks at any time. Get the number two overall and end up with Patrick. As we saw in the ‘21 draft, with Fletcher/Flahr any pick at any time has the possibility of being a bust.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A team can blow picks at any time. Get the number two overall and end up with Patrick. As we saw in the ‘21 draft, with Fletcher/Flahr any pick at any time has the possibility of being a bust.
The Flyers were the 13th worst team, or whatever it was, that year.

If you’re relying solely on a single selection to fix your franchise then your plan is awful. No one here is asking for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad