Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine celebrating a player like MacEwen while calling NAK brain dead when MacEwen takes more penalties than NAK.

Just imagine.
Following an incident last night that saw Capitals winger Nicolas Aube-Kubel receive a match penalty (which carries an automatic suspension pending league review), the Department of Player Safety has announced (Twitter link) that Aube-Kubel will have a disciplinary hearing later today.

The incident occurred partway through their game against Tampa Bay when he hit Lightning defenseman Cal Foote in the head, a clip of the hit can be seen here.

Not the first head shot for NAK. In the age of concussions and brain damage doesn't make him very likeable.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Following an incident last night that saw Capitals winger Nicolas Aube-Kubel receive a match penalty (which carries an automatic suspension pending league review), the Department of Player Safety has announced (Twitter link) that Aube-Kubel will have a disciplinary hearing later today.

The incident occurred partway through their game against Tampa Bay when he hit Lightning defenseman Cal Foote in the head, a clip of the hit can be seen here.

Not the first head shot for NAK. In the age of concussions and brain damage doesn't make him very likeable.
Yes, this is totally the first time that NAK has been called braindead or other similar words out of one side of the mouth and applauding MacEwen out the other.

No one said that he had to be likable.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Imagine celebrating a player like MacEwen while calling NAK brain dead when MacEwen takes more penalties than NAK.

Just imagine.
The only reason thats happening is because Fletcher/Torts love MacEwen and Fletcher didn't want NAK.

As with literally every other player critique or praise, its just a way to defend the staff. Same as Ghost/Risto, Frost/Tippett, Voracek/Atkinson, and so on. Everyone they like is great, everyone they dislike is bad. Their evaluations are 100% flawless.

If Fletcher liked NAK, the same people would be jerking off over his energy, grit, effort, physicality, blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

You do not give a shit about brain damage except the damage your brain suffered when NAK went to another team and had a better season as a 4th liner than any Flyers 4th liner has managed in a decade. :laugh:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Got your guy @FLYguy3911 .
20221112_173222.jpg

20221112_173237.jpg

Also this lad. I feel like we owned the pick he was selected with at one time, but I can't for the life of me remember what we traded it for.
20221112_173113.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t like their current jerseys but I honestly like the late 80’s/early 90’s trend of LA teams going with black & silver as their colors better.
Oh, how I hate black/white/gray, no-color jerseys.

Color TV was a huge breakthrough for a reason. I'll never understand how people like jerseys that look the same in boring grayscale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad