NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers are the equivalent of a college football team that knows they’re outgunned & just keeps the grass high in attempt to slow down the faster more skilled team. :laugh:
Think you're living in the past.
Tippett, Frost, Drysdale have elite speed. Luchanko in a couple years.
Poehling, TK, Hathaway in the top third.
Sanheim and Risto above average for D-men.
Avon, Tuomaala at LHV.

Slow guys, Foerster, Couts, Lycksell (SSS), E Johnson, Ginning (SSS), Attard (SSS), Zamula

Reactions: Devonator

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The Flyers are the equivalent of a college football team that knows they’re outgunned & just keeps the grass high in attempt to slow down the faster more skilled team. :laugh:

The most famous place for doing this was Ryan Field. Northwestern used to be great and no one can quite remember that either. Their best historical player thought he could run a team after his career ended. The Flyers are now Northwestern. Motion passes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The most famous place for doing this was Ryan Field. Northwestern used to be great and no one can quite remember that either. Their best historical player thought he could run a team after his career ended. The Flyers are now Northwestern. Motion passes.

They did it whenever Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State came into there. Add in they were usually noon games. The whole game plan was based around just trying to make those teams more uninterested in that game than they already were. :laugh:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It looks like the Bruins are in a tough spot. Swayman will soon be 26 years old. He’s looking for an 8X$10M deal. It would set him as a career Bruin but that’s a lot of cap space for a long time. Would you do it if you were the B’s? If you were Swayman would you budge?
Frankly if Sweeney was smart, he would not have moved Ullmark until Swayman was extended. Now he’s stuck. Corpseasalo is not going to do the job in net for Boston. The Bruins are going to have to ante up.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It looks like the Bruins are in a tough spot. Swayman will soon be 26 years old. He’s looking for an 8X$10M deal. It would set him as a career Bruin but that’s a lot of cap space for a long time. Would you do it if you were the B’s? If you were Swayman would you budge?
Frankly if Sweeney was smart, he would not have moved Ullmark until Swayman was extended. Now he’s stuck. Corpseasalo is not going to do the job in net for Boston. The Bruins are going to have to ante up.

I would NOT do it. Boston always seems to find a stud goalie. No need to give Swayman $80 million that runs until he's 34.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would NOT do it. Boston always seems to find a stud goalie. No need to give Swayman $80 million that runs until he's 34.
Especially a goalie. Sure, Bob eventually came through, but spent most of his career grossly overpaid.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I agree completely that it is ridiculous for Sweeney to trade Ullmark without having a deal in place for Swayman. They had the best tandem in the league and now they could have neither. Crazy.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
To elaborate further, one of the accounts that helped this take off has done this before and it was a hoax, so let's brake the pumps for a minute
That wasn't the account that originally reported it though. Just someone trolling after the original tweet.

There's a screenshot of a notepad supposedly from a state trooper going around that's pretty detailed with a bunch of correct information. I hope it's not true but that and the fact that no one has said "Johnny is fine" makes me fear the worst.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That wasn't the account that originally reported it though. Just someone trolling after the original tweet.

There's a screenshot of a notepad supposedly from a state trooper going around that's pretty detailed with a bunch of correct information. I hope it's not true but that and the fact that no one has said "Johnny is fine" makes me fear the worst.

We will find out either way soon enough

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Im trying to piece this together...but am I seeing this right that one of these bogus fringe Flyers "writers" is behind this? He say an article about an accident and made assumptions?

We mock these people for theyre reporting but this is truely disgusting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad