NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Holmgren fired Hextall, then hired CF. Clarke may have influenced the decision, but Holmgren was the decision-maker.

Holmgren could have started a rebuild in 2019 after a bad season and the core aging, instead he doubled down, while CF might have executed it better, the result would have been the same. They lacked the talent for a SC run, got lucky in 2019-20, then slipped back to mediocrity.

CF's problem was he couldn't start a rebuild (no one in the FO was willing to rubber stamp it), and he didn't have the talent to remain a contender. So he muddled through.

The best move he made was to hire Torts, who was willing to say the Emperor had no clothes. That got CF fired, Briere hired, and a commitment to rebuilding.
Just say Chuck is not a good NHL GM. Just say it 1 time.

also didn't the "consulting" firm" essentially hire Torts? I could be wrong I remember reading Chuck didn't really have much a say in that process. In fact sworn it was said he didn't want torts. Maybe others remember.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Devils is where Chuck was working before he came here

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It presumes that GMs don't make errors and everyone has cap space. GMs make errors constantly. And teams often don't have cap space.
Please with the cap space cant make a deal nonsense. If a GM wants a player and the other gm wants to move said player they pretty much always find a way. Just accept there was no to very minimal interest in ghost at that time. yes it really is that cut and dry.

no one has said gm's do not make errors. at least I haven't seen anyone say as such.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Please with the cap space cant make a deal nonsense. If a GM wants a player and the other gm wants to move said player they pretty much always find a way. Just accept there was no to very minimal interest in ghost at that time. yes it really is that cut and dry.

no one has said gm's do not make errors. at least I haven't seen anyone say as such.

For waiver pickups? Yeah, scrambling to make a deal can be hard

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
3.9 goals per 60, when the next lowest is 5.3, yikes.
Tampa over 11, different yikes.
You’re a bum, Rock!
1722956573435.png

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Travis stole my bit, but I'm happy for the spectacular futility of the Flyers PP to get as much press as possible.

It's crazy to think if they Flyers played an entire game on the PP they wouldn't quite score 4 goals. :laugh:
Honestly, it’d be mid threes or lower since we’d have to rotate the full bench. Maybe THAT would be the proof we need that there is a failed process.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00