NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He could have been the NHL’s leading goal scorer if not for the three years he spent in the KHL and time lost from lockouts. Could’ve hit 2,000 games too.

Also... he was still very good by underlying numbers in time with Calgary... just had an awful streak of luck and that was enough for teams to be ageist and give up on him aha.

Odds are he had ~2-3 more seasons as a ~40-45 point player in a low scoring era if look at level he then played at in Czechia.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I need a cap site that has draft pick data - current, past, future, trades, etc. That's what I used CapFriendly for most.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Anyone know why my OT Olympics thread got deleted? :huh:

It got moved into the existing one. You just have the thread starter on Ignore, so you don’t see it. (And possibly me too, so someone else might have to pass it along.)

Reactions: Curufinwe

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It got moved into the existing one. You just have the thread starter on Ignore, so you don’t see it. (And possibly me too, so someone else might have to pass it along.)

Man, this hurts my feelings

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If that's true, Caroline F'ed up. That's a great deal. I would trade Farabee for that (of course, the all consuming assumption if Rutger would sign).

But I've learn to take what Seravalli says with a grain of salt.
Don’t know why it would be different, he only signed for 2 years, so it seems likely they wanted to sign him long term

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Another player signs after saying they want a trade. I think the Flyers should have outed Cutter. The pressure would 100% be on him not honoring his contract and draft.

Reactions: Rebels57

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Another player signs after saying they want a trade. I think the Flyers should have outed Cutter. The pressure would 100% be on him not honoring his contract and draft.
Even if he didn't sign they would have had, what, 2.5 years to find a trade partner for him?

Absolutely incompetent to dump him like a hot potato. Briere has zero patience as a GM.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Even if he didn't sign they would have had, what, 2.5 years to find a trade partner for him?

Absolutely incompetent to dump him like a hot potato. Briere has zero patience as a GM.
What if you own the rights to the Calder trophy winner next season? I would doubt one has ever been traded following that, but if you had to the return would be enormous.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
A big part of the issue here is that it happened in Vegas. Which is also the NHL’s fault! These leagues want the gambling money with none of the drawbacks as we all know.
It's fine when every NFL analyst does it because it's not in Vegas, is that the gist?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad