NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I genuinely don't care what the Flyers do in free agency anymore. I'm way more interested in the moves the Caps make at this point (particularly the ones that impact the AHL).

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Very interested to see what the TK contract looks like now. It’s for sure in the 8’s. If not for the tax factor I would say he should be at 6 x 8 which is a good deal.

Devils trying to load up. They have a ton of talent at all the positions.

Reactions: Muddy Wilbury

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Goddamnit, we're going to be the first team in NHL history to field a roster of 12 RW and no other forwards, aren't we?
They need to find a Center coach and get to work. Positions are kind of dumb anyway at this point. Faceoffs aren’t as important as originally thought. Just hustle back and then play your game with skill. Makes position based drafting that much more dumb

Reactions: Random Forest

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They need to find a Center coach and get to work. Positions are kind of dumb anyway at this point. Faceoffs aren’t as important as originally thought. Just hustle back and then play your game with skill. Makes position based drafting that much more dumb.

If they're going all in on being big and mean, despite all evidence suggesting that stopped working in the mid-'90s, just once I want to see them line up St. Nic at C, and just have him bulldoze the opposing center instead of going for the puck. Won't get us the puck, but it gives us a temporary 5 on 4 in chasing it. (And then when the whistle blows, it takes him off the ice for two minutes, which is another positive.)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Like... I could actually get behind that strategy. It would be an even better strategy with say... Buium too...

but 2025 is a great top 20 on paper.

If they had say ~8-9 picks in the top 45 of that draft? They would have great odds to get a 1C AND another star and a couple of middle-six or #4-5 pieces too.

And all those guys are within 2 years of Michkov age wise? Then yeh. That would mean likely a ~7-8 year window from 2029 onwards.

But it means taking what you can get for Laughton and Risto as they have some value... and moving TK to try and get one of those potentially crazy good Cs that will go from ~1-10.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Like... I could actually get behind that strategy. It would be an even better strategy with say... Buium too...

If they had say ~8-9 picks in the top 45 of that draft? They would have great odds to get a 1C AND another star and a couple of middle-six or #4-5 pieces too.

And all those guys are within 2 years of Michkov age wise? Then yeh. That would mean likely a ~7-8 year window from 2029 onwards.

But it means taking what you can get for Laughton and Risto as they have some value... and moving TK to try and get one of those potentially crazy good Cs that will go from ~1-10.

Is there any way we can get you on the Tulsky path in O&B? Please?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Buium should have been a godsend with that strategy. Really does seem like the agent was the problem there

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
They need to find a Center coach and get to work. Positions are kind of dumb anyway at this point. Faceoffs aren’t as important as originally thought. Just hustle back and then play your game with skill. Makes position based drafting that much more dumb
Agreed. I really want to experiment with Foerster at center. It’s the more valuable position. If it fails, okay, whatever. If it works, you’ve improved your team and increased the value of a young player.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

If the Flyers get 1st overall and Hagens decides to move to the same agent as Buium, Cutter, etc, do you think they will pass on him for someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad