Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
From article

Sweeney acknowledged on Monday that the Bruins could still use another scoring presence in the top-six unit.

But the potential of adding a bruiser like Zadorov and rounding out a D corps that now boasts an average profile of 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds justified sitting out of Monday’s free-agent feeding frenzy for top-six wingers.

Sweeney a Neanderthal

Donny, this isn’t the 70 & 80’s

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
From article

Sweeney acknowledged on Monday that the Bruins could still use another scoring presence in the top-six unit.

But the potential of adding a bruiser like Zadorov and rounding out a D corps that now boasts an average profile of 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds justified sitting out of Monday’s free-agent feeding frenzy for top-six wingers.

Sweeney a Neanderthal

Donny, this isn’t the 70 & 80’s
Did they not follow the draft most of the kids drafted were huge ,the NHL really should have gone with the bigger ice surface when all these new arenas were being built.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Did they not follow the draft most of the kids drafted were huge ,the NHL really should have gone with the bigger ice surface when all these new arenas were being built.

Big ice sucks. The "more room to move" thing is a myth. Big ice pushes everything to the perimeter, and you see lower scoring chances, not higher. You only need to look at the Olympics to see that the games played in NHL sized rinks have significantly higher scoring averages than the games played in international rinks.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I would have liked a legit scorer like a Toffoli or Marchessault for the second line, but it’s a cap world and we can’t have too many good things. But we have some options, if Lysell or Merkulov can win the spot that would be ideal. But Freddy and Geekie scored enough last season that they could do the job, and Brazeau looked good up there in minimal exposure too.

The other curious thing is the battle for the bottom six. I’d ideally like to see a third line of Freddy, Beecher, and Geekie, but I don’t know where that leaves Poitras either. If Brazeau can’t win a higher spot, I think he fits great on the fourth line with Jones and Kastelic, with time on the second power play like last year.

Definitely more questions than I’d prefer, but fortunately there are a lot of solutions too.

At least the goaltending, once Sway is signed, and defense are top notch.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I think people are severely underrating Lysell because of one comment by his coach in the media that he shouldn’t have made, and are ignoring the comments he made about Lysell shortly after.
Not underrating Lysell at all, and really don't pay attention to comments about him. Just trying to be realistic on expectations for a kid going into his first year in the NHL.

In Pastrnak's first NHL season he went 10/17/27 in 46 games.......playing with Krejci. Hopefully, you can get similar numbers out of Lysell. But I wouldn't expect to, and you better have a Plan B.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not underrating Lysell at all, and really don't pay attention to comments about him. Just trying to be realistic on expectations for a kid going into his first year in the NHL.

In Pastrnak's first NHL season he went 10/17/27 in 46 games.......playing with Krejci. Hopefully, you can get similar numbers out of Lysell. But I wouldn't expect to, and you better have a Plan B.
We can talk all we want, and make the suggestions, but until Swayman is signed, everything else is on hold.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Can’t wait for the playoffs when we will finally be the asshole team again that everyone is crying about for pushing the envelope.

It was getting a little worrisome the past few years. That Maroon quote of “we don’t want to take penalties” was just flat out embarrassing just seeing how far the attitude on the team had come.

Can’t wait for that to take a complete 180

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
1720030514548.png

Sign this guy and teach him how to play defense

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Big ice sucks. The "more room to move" thing is a myth. Big ice pushes everything to the perimeter, and you see lower scoring chances, not higher. You only need to look at the Olympics to see that the games played in NHL sized rinks have significantly higher scoring averages than the games played in international rinks.
Smaller rinks were nice when you had smaller players,but with a bunch of giants
I saw the picture and I hoped you knew something.

Sweeney is likely done (after Swayman of course). But I keep watching for a Sprong contract.
leave some cap space hopefully for trade deadline

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Smaller rinks were nice when you had smaller players,but with a bunch of giants

leave some cap space hopefully for trade deadline
Personally, I’d rather have the roster set before the season starts, than wait for the opportunity to spend premium assets to fill holes later.

Team isn’t lacking much right now. If they can get a scoring winger on the cheap, it’s a smart play… even if it doesn’t leave much for banking come the deadline.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Personally, I’d rather have the roster set before the season starts, than wait for the opportunity to spend premium assets to fill holes later.

Team isn’t lacking much right now. If they can get a scoring winger on the cheap, it’s a smart play… even if it doesn’t leave much for banking come the deadline.
Be nice if they would get Swayman signed so they no what they have left to spend if anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad