NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I honestly don’t think Tampa is a major threat to win anymore. Their prospect pool is barren, they’re aging, they overpaid a lot of depth guys. Could you imagine them even making playoffs if Kucherov sat a year again?

If I’m Guentzel, I think Carolina has a better chance to be the next up and coming Cup team. Their core is younger, they’re loaded on prospects and picks. Always competing for the ECF. I don’t really get it. Unless Carolina wasn’t interested at the price or some behind the scenes reasons.

Guentzel has Cup. Maybe he's looking to maximize earnings as he coasts to retirement for 6 years

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nils Lundkvist being apparently 6'1 is the craziest thing I have learnt during this whole day though....

since I have stood next to him and he is 5'11 or so.

Now, dont get me wrong, having been in the vicinity of quite a lot of NHLers a lot are probably listed 1 inch taller than they are... (aside from Michael Raffl who somehow is like 2 inches bigger than listed, listed 6'0 most of career and probably 6'2)... but Lundkvist? Man if you are 6'1 so am I.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
one of the three probably ends up better than Drysdale

156fb3a41134efe9020a49b68bfeccbf.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was is last year or the year before that Washington picked up Strome & Milano off the scrap heap despite their teams walking away from them at the QO stage? Meanwhile most analytical models suggested these guys shouldn’t be discarded like this.

If Messi was a hockey player he would have never even been drafted... people might scoff but see Martin St. Louis... then imagine if Martin St. Louis was twice as skilled. He probably still does not get picked. Guy was putting up almost 3 P/GP in the NCAA in his last draft eligible year and still teams were picking 6'5 guys who could barely skate and got 5 points in the OHL.

soccer actually used to be more like this too. Especially in the Northern hemisphere. Obsessed with size, strength and physical attributes. But that stopped in like the 80s when they realised that size meant nothing.

You think hockey would have realised that with Gretzky and Orr being the best 2 players in history...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad