NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Leafs fans who think signing Tanev to something like 7 x $3.5m is a master stroke are clueless. Even 5 years is pushing it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You know, I was advocating for Hayes to be bought out and not traded (unless it was worth it), we only got a 6th round pick, the RTS slot is taken up, and now the Penguins got an extra 2nd round pick

The way that was handled was a mistake. Not a fireable offense, but not a proper use, and the 6th was used today in a draft the Flyers obviously hated. When you do the good vs. bad of Briere, it is on the bad side.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You know, I was advocating for Hayes to be bought out and not traded (unless it was worth it), we only got a 6th round pick, the RTS slot is taken up, and now the Penguins got an extra 2nd round pick

The way that was handled was a mistake. Not a fireable offense, but not a proper use, and the 6th was used today in a draft the Flyers obviously hated. When you do the good vs. bad of Briere, it is on the bad side.
A buy out would have been for 6 years. I don’t care Pit got a 2nd from the Blues. That actually makes getting a 6th last year for Hayes at $3.57m look better.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm on my work week so I slept through rounds 2-7 today. I just saw the Pens just took on our friend Keven Hayes. They got a second round pick for their troubles.

The Flyers? They retained 50% and got a 6th.

That's the difference. Every single year. For a decade.

Dubas is a horrible GM, but if he buys out Hayes next year he gets a gold star from me.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Dubas is a horrible GM, but if he buys out Hayes next year he gets a gold star from me.
I'm assuming you are a penguins fan. You have no idea what a horrible GM is. And don't say Hextall. He might not be great, but he isn't horrible.

Look across the state if you want to see horrible GMs embarrass themselves with every single transaction, talent evaluation, or meritless personnel hire.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm assuming you are a penguins fan. You have no idea what a horrible GM is. And don't say Hextall. He might not be great, but he isn't horrible.

Look across the state if you want to see horrible GMs embarrass themselves with every single transaction, talent evaluation, or meritless personnel hire.

I dunno. I like what Briere has done.

I'm a Penguins fan, but my dad is a Flyers fan. I follow them and don't really dislike them unless I'm ribbing him.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I dunno. I like what Briere has done.

I'm a Penguins fan, but my dad is a Flyers fan. I follow them and don't really dislike them unless I'm ribbing him.
Briere has cleared the bar that Fletcher set. You can still be horrible while clearing that bar. That's exactly what Briere has done. If I was a fan of another team within the division, I'd also like what Briere has done. Of course, I'd like what Fletcher did even more.

I don't mind the pens myself. The Flyers have no rivals because they've been so irrelevant for so long. Their biggest and only rival is Bob Clarke and his cronies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad