NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just posted about it in the Blouse thread.

On one hand, it just seems like another bought and paid for member in league circles fluffing up Fanatics like they all do but....

They are seemingly making the jerseys up in Canada in the same factory that they've been made forever. They're also readily offering the on-ice jersey to the public for the first time since Reebok first came into the league (pre Edge jerseys). I'll take that if they're not going to do a switcheroo in a year or two while they build up their own capacity.
I mean I agree that the on-ice apparel probably won't take a hit, and the issues that we've been seeing in baseball has been Nike going real cheap on materials and construction standards that they are contractually holding Fanatics to.

On the other hand, Fanatics has completely mailed it in on off-ice merchandise since they took that over (look no further than the lazy Champions merchandise over the last few years as a prime example, the hats are embarrassing). And the on-ice jerseys they will be selling us are going to cost you $450 each. And I wouldn't count on the quality of the other fan jerseys to stay where they are, they'll slowly whittle them away to encourage collectors to target the high dollar items as much as possible.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They're supposedly being made by the same factory that's made them for years. Only change in design for this coming year is no more dimples on the shoulders. Everything else is supposed to be the same material.

I say this as the #1 Fanatics hater in the world.

And you dont think they'll start using cheaper materials and labor? This is Fanatics we are talking about.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We should do a maroon/teal alternate

Teal, you say?

Flyers Teal.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Went to the Hershey Bears Calder Cup celebration at Giant Center last night. Fun time. Zack Fisch (our pxp announcer who also emceed the event) revealed that Coachella Valley poked the bear even harder this year. They showed clips of Palm Desert's media shitting on the town itself and how the Firebirds had "already spent more time than anyone should have to in Hershey, Pennsylvania" and asking what there even is to do there. They showed the clip of the Firebirds mascot, Fuego, dressing in a bear costume and mockingly doing the "roar celebration" during game 5 out in California (Hershey scored the go ahead and eventual game winning goal about 30 seconds later). And Fisch revealed that some Coachella fans were throwing food at the Bears' family members who were flown out to California for game 5. When we were getting Riley Sutter, my dad brought up his family, and Sutter told us his dad (Ron) almost got into a fight out there after some fans threw fries at him. Made winning, and at home to boot, even sweeter :)

After all this, Fisch brought out a bucket of "Coachella Valley Fried Chicken" with their mascot's picture taped on it and ate a piece. Then Strome, being the OT scorer, took a bite of a piece before speaking and capped off his mini speech by chugging his beer. The players as a whole were a lot more sober and restrained than last year. I'm not sure if they were talked to or not but a lot of Karens complained about that.
20240626_183804.jpg

Screenshot_20240626-213841_Chrome.jpg

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't like it one bit.

Orange is ours dammit. Have your blues, blacks, reds, whites, greens, whatever other trash colour you can find. But not orange.
I can live with it. Orange County -> Orange. Makes sense. They're in the West anyway and honestly, if they're really playing in full orange, it'll just look stupid. Makes us look good in comparison. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad