NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Does Farabee really need a 1st attached to him to return McGroarty?

McGroarty is not some sure bet to be a better player at all. Similar draft capital (for whatever that’s worth at this point on Farabee) and Farabee had identical collegiate production. Age shouldn’t be a factor because Farabee is young and even better suited to Winnipeg’s timeline. And signed long term which is valuable in itself for a destination like Winnipeg…

Seems like poor value. I think straight up isn’t a bad basis for a deal for either side tbh.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

McGroarty is not some sure bet to be a better player at all. Similar draft capital (for whatever that’s worth at this point on Farabee) and Farabee had identical collegiate production. Age shouldn’t be a factor because Farabee is young and even better suited to Winnipeg’s timeline. And signed long term which is valuable in itself for a destination like Winnipeg…

Seems like poor value. I think straight up isn’t a bad basis for a deal for either side tbh.
Agreed.

I'd want to add to Farabee to get Perfetti and McGroarty though - don't know if that's possible.

Farabee + TK for Perfetti, McGroarty, 2025 1st + cap dump.

Jets have older players signed to long term contracts, I don't think they want picks + prospects and their fans have said as much. Would be a good trading partner for us.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Joel F + 32 for Rutger M

Was it the Roughriders or the Rough Riders?
Baltimore Stallions

That works for me, too, but I fully expect they'll want to move money, and I'm damn sure not giving up Farabee and 32 AND taking a contract back. There are limits to my flights of fancy.

It was the Baltimore CFL {REDACTED}, though I think they were legally called the Stallions by that point.
Officially, they were Baltimore CFL Club once the injunction was upheld, and then changed their name to Stallions for the second season, which they won, and then moved to Montreal of obvious reasons.

Reactions: Muddy Wilbury

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He doesn't, but Winnipeg wants to make a bigger deal, and get into the 1st round.

I'm not sure what else they'd have to offer us besides guys like Heinola or Perfetti who I don't think they want to move.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like a sellers market could be shaping up. TK, Laughton, Risto all gone in a week.

Keep Farabee

At a minimum, trade the first three, please, but I'm not so attached to Farabee that I feel it's necessary to hold on to him as well. If you can get a worthy deal, don't hold back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Looks like a sellers market could be shaping up. TK, Laughton, Risto all gone in a week.

Keep Farabee
How is it a sellers market if Detroit just paid a 2nd to move a better dman than Risto on a cheaper contract?

Even at 50% Risto's contract is arguably worse - 3 x $2.55m vs 2 x $3.4m for Walman

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if Red Wings are going for Gibson. That one might get Yzerman fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad