NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
A team that missed the playoffs has made no trades, signed no external free agents, lets Laczynski get scooped up by Vegas, re-signs the worst defenseman in the NHL, and extends a 4th liner for two years a full year before his contract ends.

But at least there's Michkov?

If you thought it couldn't get worse after Hextall, you got Flecther. If you thought it couldn't get worse after Fletcher, you got Briere.

I could at least see a framework of a plan for Hextall and Fletcher. Can anyone read the tea leaves and explain to me what Briere is doing?

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
A team that missed the playoffs has made no trades, signed no external free agents, lets Laczynski get scooped up by Vegas, re-signs the worst defenseman in the NHL, and extends a 4th liner for two years a full year before his contract ends.

If you thought it couldn't get worse after Hextall, you got Flecther. If you thought it couldn't get worse after Fletcher, you got Briere.

I could at least see a framework of a plan for Hextall and Fletcher. Can anyone read the tea leaves and explain to me what Briere is doing?

Briere is objectively terrible. There's more than enough evidence now

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

remember when we said nothing has changed.

just a different guy in same suit..

#TrashOrg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

We aren't quite at the "Briere is worse than Fletcher" point of this, but he's not trending in a great direction.

Fletcher orchestrated the worse piece of asset management since the Milbury/Yashin debacle of the 90's.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lolz MTL extends Slafkovsky for eighhhhhhhht years?
That's a smart thing to do if you are in the middle of rebuild. That's if you have confidence in the player. Or you can bridge the guys like Frost, Sanheim, York, etc and then pay premium. Either way I don't think Habs will be any more competitive than Flyers will

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I’d give Slafkovsky that contract. A lot of potential there. Could you imagine him with Michkov? Instead, Matvei will be playing with Jett and Bergy.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Lolz MTL extends Slafkovsky for eighhhhhhhht years?
Why? That deal will likely look like a bargain for the Habs in 2-3 years. The AAV is less than Suzuki's.

I’d give Slafkovsky that contract. A lot of potential there. Could you imagine him with Michkov? Instead, Matvei will be playing with Jett and Bergy.
I expect Demidov to be playing with Suzuzki and Slaf.

I expect Demidov to be playing with Suzuzki and Slaf.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The plan is twofold. One, reconstruct the 2018-19 CBJ with Michkov as Panarin. Two, convince themselves every year that this will be the time a team trades out of an elite prospect despite it never happening in the modern history of the league and also personally striking out for two consecutive drafts.

Pass the arsenic.

Meanwhile, Quenneville and the gang are back, so it's not like anything would get better if they decided to make a change. That's exactly where they'd go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad