NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Friedman says Trouba is shocked at the Rags wanting to move him and his agent Overhardt won’t make it easy on them as they try to move him.
At least he has a M-NTC. My ears perked up to check and see if he had some trade protection because if he didn’t, that comment would be a lot more interesting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s wondering if he’s going to be strategic with his list, so the Flyers and other division teams will probably be on it and Trouba will dare them to do it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Quality trumps everything. People have been saying the same thing about Boras for over three decades at this point. They may hate him, but that’s not his problem. They still call.

Yeah I mean do you want an agent that’s well liked by everyone or one that’s considered a pain in the ass?

Overhardt has one of the bigger agencies in the sport, so he has a really good client list under his agency. So if you don’t want to deal with him you’re potentially closing yourself off to some quality players.

Also at the end of the day the agent works for the player not the other way around. If the player wants something or doesn’t want something that’s what the agent is going to do.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I honestly don’t think Tampa is a major threat to win anymore. Their prospect pool is barren, they’re aging, they overpaid a lot of depth guys. Could you imagine them even making playoffs if Kucherov sat a year again?

If I’m Guentzel, I think Carolina has a better chance to be the next up and coming Cup team. Their core is younger, they’re loaded on prospects and picks. Always competing for the ECF. I don’t really get it. Unless Carolina wasn’t interested at the price or some behind the scenes reasons.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I honestly don’t think Tampa is a major threat to win anymore. Their prospect pool is barren, they’re aging, they overpaid a lot of depth guys. Could you imagine them even making playoffs if Kucherov sat a year again?

If I’m Guentzel, I think Carolina has a better chance to be the next up and coming Cup team. Their core is younger, they’re loaded on prospects and picks. Always competing for the ECF. I don’t really get it. Unless Carolina wasn’t interested at the price or some behind the scenes reasons.
No state tax, better weather, and a beach. :laugh:

If I had a Cup I'd prefer Tampa too.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The reporting is that they met his asking price (8x8) and he informed them during the draft that he won't be re-signing. So it sounds like he just doesn't want to be there.

Reactions: pit and Magua

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The reporting is that they met his asking price (8x8) and he informed them during the draft that he won't be re-signing. So it sounds like he just doesn't want to be there.
Or he got too close to July 1 and figured he’s too close not to test the market. The money will be there for him.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Or he got too close to July 1 and figured he’s too close not to test the market. The money will be there for him.

Sure, definitely could be. For the sake of completion, this is the reported timeline from Cory Lavalette:

Midweek Guentzel asks for 8x8.
Thursday morning Carolina offers it.
Guentzel's agent says he wants to think about it.
Then they informed at the draft they wouldn't be re-signing.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Meh I played there (Raleigh in fact) in the middle of the summer one year and players were passing out it was so damn humid.

Easy solution: never go outside.

qlipsorgf9wtknorxbqr.png

Humidity and curls don't mix anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia