Value of: Minnesota Wild retool?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Minnesota needs some homegrown talent. The New York Islanders will gladly offer up all state Quarterback Anders Lee for former draft pick Jared Spurgeon.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Kaprizov, Ek, Faber, Boldy, Rossi, Ohgren, Yurov and Wallstedt and the two veteran D - that is not nearly enough to get out of the first round, let alone win a cup.

• Haha
Reactions: MNRube

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't think they can really improve by that much for the next two years . The massive buyouts eat $14,743,588 for the next two years. Until thats gone the current state of the team is probably the ceiling.
That’s the Krug of the problem.

they might look at moving players with a few years left not so much for draft picks but closer to nhl prospects maybe starting or one yr into their ELC.

when the dead cap ends they could be shoppers and add missing pieces.

3 straight first round losses. The $15M less of cap mean alot of less depth for the team
It’s more experience than say depth When it comes to playoff hockey.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
How many 1sts are Isles adding?
Anders Lee is a stoic human being. His presence enough warrants that there be an add in of a Russian born winger with Jared Spurgeon. Kirill Kaprizov clearly needs to be traded to a team with more Russian presence.

Final offer:
Anders Lee
Joshua Bailey
Future considerations

For

Jared Spurgeon
Kirill Kaprizov

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Foligno
Zuccarello
Goligoski (NMC)
Fleury (NMC)

These are the guys with 1 year remaining. Goligoski and Fleury control any trades, but both might have roles not to their liking.

Foligno was a nice player when he was shooting 25%, but the end of the regular season + playoffs has me pretty well done with him.

Zuccarello I'm not pushing out the door, but we should definitely listen on him if teams call. If trading him allows us to keep Johansson + Nyquist, it should be heavily considered.

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Let's face it they're a very mediocre team. What is available from their end?
can you change the title to what are the wild going to do?

I only ask because looking at their roster and that they are going to have 14.7mill in dead cap space with a lot of key guys to sign? and only 3.4 in cap space?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Next season feels like it will likely be our worst for the buyout years, but probably still a pretty competitive team. The core players are locked in on good contracts and Guerin probably pulls a similar strategy as he did this year, start out with a bare bones team to accrue cap, then acquire UFAs that fill the holes if we seem competitive for the playoffs. Foligno seems like the most likely to move just based on his cap hit and lack of performance, though he did have an injury filled season so they may not like his return value in the off-season.

If things start out really bad, maybe you see some meaningful moves, but I don't think Brodin or Spurgeon are replaceable yet. Hartman might be an interesting case, his role to cap hit is incredible value for a team that needs it, but he might also be worth quite a bit in trade if he isn't looking to extend for cheap again. Zucc is a question mark, at this point I think the organization would still prefer to keep him around, but he is our most obvious big cap aging player that doesn't fit long term.

I don't really expect many major moves out of the Wild until 24-25 when the cap is expected to jump a bit, and then they will finally be able to add term at the deadline with the cap penalties dropping off the following off-season.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think they can really improve by that much for the next two years . The massive buyouts eat $14,743,588 for the next two years. Until thats gone the current state of the team is probably the ceiling.

They're in a really awkward situation for sure. They're a team that's right on the cusp, but that insane dead money pretty much precludes any sort of serious, major improvements that they need to push them over the hump to truly contend.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
can you change the title to what are the wild going to do?

I only ask because looking at their roster and that they are going to have 14.7mill in dead cap space with a lot of key guys to sign? and only 3.4 in cap space?
It's more than $3.4M in space next year. There's a bunch of AHLers currently being counted.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
It's more than $3.4M in space next year. There's a bunch of AHLers currently being counted.
I’d keep Marco Rossi, Adam Beckman and Sam Walker on the roster for next season, as most of the UFA’s are not affordable to keep.

If the cap goes to 83.5mil then the wild should have somewhere in the neighborhood of around 6.7mil to resign RFA’s Filip Gustavsson, Brandon Duhaime, Sam Steel, Calen Addison and Mason Shaw, which should all be around league minimum with an exception for Gustavsson who may command a higher salary as Minnesota’s starting goaltender.

The Wild may have room to resign an outgoing UFA like Marcus Johansson or acquire a cheap player in trade.

2023-24 Minnesota Wild lineup.
Line 1 LW Kaprizov C Hartman RW Zuccarello
Line 2 LW Boldy C Eriksson EK RW Gaudreau
Line 3 LW Rossi C Steel ~ RFA RW Foligno
Line 4 LW Beckman C Dewar RW Duhaime ~ RFA

1st Pair LD Middleton RD Spurgeon
2nd Pair LD Brodin RD Faber
3rd Pair LD Merrill RD Addison ~ RFA

Goalies:
Starter: Gustavsson ~ RFA*
Backup: Fleury

Scratches:
LW Walker
LD Goligoski
LW Shaw + Torn ACL ~ RFA < IR to start next season

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like a lot would be fixed if they had a better center for Kap's line but the dead cap space is an enormous hurdle.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
Zuc, Hartman and Foligno need to go, and we HAVE to finally see Rossi and Khuidiejehdhdov play with the big club all year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
They have a horrible roster on paper yet they had a great regular season, I don’t think they need any retool at all

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I don't even like the Wild but this is f***ing stupid:

1682828897364.png

I hate our league's cap so much

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Zuc, Hartman and Foligno need to go, and we HAVE to finally see Rossi and Khuidiejehdhdov play with the big club all year.
At least try and educate yourself even slightly on a player before posting such idiocy!!! We gonna get Khus to defect??? Lol. He’s under contract for next season in the khl

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Sharangovich would be a perfect fit for Minnesota. Every team needs a bielorussian player.

Sharangovich for Boldy. Young gun for young gun. And like that, we help the Wild opening some cap space.
Lmao

Actually though, Sharangovich would be a good get for the Wild. An already good value player who will have a chip on his shoulder after being yo-yoed this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad