Value of: Minnesota Wild retool?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would you move Boldy?
Well, anyone could be moved. For the first pick in 2023, sure!

In general, though, moving your talented, high character, improving, young players doesn't make any sense.

Brodin, maybe, but he's still got a of of good years left. He'd be expensive.

Moving a guy like Spurgeon makes a bit of sense.

A guy like Zuccarello, a lot of sense.

All four would be assets to just about any team.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
What do you think he's getting on his next deal?
He might get a slight raise for cracking 20 goals last year, but he regressed this year so that should keep the number comfortably low for you guys

Maybe 2.5?

He strikes me as a guy that would take a modest number just to lock in long-term

Really good trade candidate for Minny
Boldy isn't getting moved after just signing a 7 Yeats extension.
No shit

Hence the lmao

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it’s time for Marcus Foligno to come home to Buffalo.
Me, too. Buffalo has talent, but needs the toughness, leadership, and defense that Foligno would bring. MN won't be relevant till 25-26 at the earliest, while the Sabres NEED to start getting into the playoffs next year.

I would think that it's an easy trade to make for both teams(MF has a relatively low cap hit, Buff has a fair amount of young assets).

Dumba also wouldn't be a bad acquisition for them. Unlike Marcus, he wouldn't cost anything, as he is a UFA. Having both would significantly upgrade their toughness. No more having Cozens and Thompson dropping the gloves. That shouldn't happen.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zuc, Hartman and Foligno need to go, and we HAVE to finally see Rossi and Khuidiejehdhdov play with the big club all year.
You mean the guy who had one point in 21 NHL games this year, and the guy who is under contract to the KHL next year?

Lose Hartman(1.7M cap hit) on a team that is desperate for good value contracts?

:huh:

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Sebastien

May 1, 2022

In general, though, moving your talented, high character, improving, young players doesn't make any sense.

Stop overreacting, my gosh. Zuccarello can go. Spurgeon and brodin also have full nmc they aren't waiving. Spurgeon has sucked in playoffs, but brodin is one of the best. But contract are contract for a reason. Dean Evason needs to be fired, it starts there

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stop overreacting, my gosh. Zuccarello can go. Spurgeon and brodin also have full nmc they aren't waiving. Spurgeon has sucked in playoffs, but brodin is one of the best. But contract are contract for a reason. Dean Evason needs to be fired, it starts there
You are such a rabid MN homer no one takes anything you post seriously, including MN fans.

Reactions: MK9 and MNRube

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Retool ? Lmao hit up Bergevin, he's great at pointless retools. Minny needs to burn it down and start fresh

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
You are such a rabid MN homer no one takes anything you post seriously, including MN fans.
& people like yourself overreacting. Like when you all said Tim army shouldn't be fired. Coaching matters. Same way dean Evason needs to be fired. No one takes overreacting like yourself seriously either. Funny people think player's like brodin with nmc and player's like boldy who just signed extension should be traded

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Retool ? Lmao hit up Bergevin, he's great at pointless retools. Minny needs to burn it down and start fresh
Clown take. Minnesota already has a better farm system than the Habs and still making playoffs every year. Also Kaprizov, Boldy & JEE are better than any asset in Montreal. GTFO

Reactions: MK9

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He might get a slight raise for cracking 20 goals last year, but he regressed this year so that should keep the number comfortably low for you guys

Maybe 2.5?

He strikes me as a guy that would take a modest number just to lock in long-term

Really good trade candidate for Minny
Sounds good. My ideal offseason scenario would have us looking for #3LW at around that amount.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds good. My ideal offseason scenario would have us looking for #3LW at around that amount.

Problem for me would be, I'm not all that interested in trading good futures for him. So it would depend on the cost. Otherwise would be more inclined to get someone in free agency.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Minny needs to burn it down and start fresh

We kind of tried that with some big buyouts but the team keeps on winning just enough to not go there. So we are just going to idle along until we have some cap to play with and/or some of our prospects break out.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Spurgeon is the guy you should go after...only one more year of NMC, but he is an Albertan, and might consider waiving....certainly more than Brodin would. Spurgeon is simply a better Dman, and is RH. A late 1st and Bourgault simply doesn't get the ball rolling for either Dman, though.

Why not sign Dumba(UFA, RHD, Albertan) ? Cost no assets.

I wouldn't want Dumba. On the flip side why not sign Dumba and trade Brodin if he'd waive?

I guess I could also ask why would a near equal value trade that returned Ekholm (without even taking cap back) not be enough to even "get the ball rolling"? No interest in Bourgault? We in theory could swap him for our 2025 1st. Holland would probably rather have Bourgault as a cheap entry level contract to plug in the roster.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't want Dumba. On the flip side why not sign Dumba and trade Brodin if he'd waive?

I guess I could also ask why would a near equal value trade that returned Ekholm (without even taking cap back) not be enough to even "get the ball rolling"? No interest in Bourgault? We in theory could swap him for our 2025 1st. Holland would probably rather have Bourgault as a cheap entry level contract to plug in the roster.

Bourgault+1st isn't the problem, the problem is Brodin just signed a contract extension with a full NMC. He's not waiving, at least not yet.

Maybe NJ needs some truculence.

I'd do Foligno for Sharangovich in a heartbeat

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
We kind of tried that with some big buyouts but the team keeps on winning just enough to not go there. So we are just going to idle along until we have some cap to play with and/or some of our prospects break out.
I hear ya, habs did just that. Price helping us just enough so we weren't good enough to contend and not bad enough for high picks....hockey purgatory sucks

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Clown take. Minnesota already has a better farm system than the Habs and still making playoffs every year. Also Kaprizov, Boldy & JEE are better than any asset in Montreal. GTFO
It's not a clown take at all...the habs were always in the same position. We could just sneak into the playoff or finish middle of the pack. Hockey purgatory

And no you don't have a better farm/prospects :help:

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Florida pick for Boldy we can do something

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Florida pick for Boldy we can do something
Boldy was just signed. Every wild fan is frustrated, but it's not happening

It's not a clown take at all...the habs were always in the same position. We could just sneak into the playoff or finish middle of the pack. Hockey purgatory

And no you don't have a better farm/prospects :help:
Actually Minnesota has the better farm system. Top 2 in the NHL

• Haha
Reactions: HabsForHire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad