Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Honestly, the only prospect I'd take off the boards in a trade is Wallstedt and that's only because goaltending depth is weak. If they had more goaltenders, even he wouldn't be off the trade boards.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Interesting story, what do you think about this? Perfect linemate for Zucc. And I want Hartman in the middle, instead of Rossi.

We shouldn’t worry about who the perfect line mates for Zucc are, when signing or trading for players.

Reactions: Sweetnut

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think we should worry about signing anyone for next year. We just aren't going to have a chance to be competitive in a big way until we get rid of the cap penalties.
I know it's asking a lot of NHL GMs, but I really do want to just them to pick the right moment and player instead of the first moment and player.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We shouldn’t worry about who the perfect line mates for Zucc are, when signing or trading for players.
For the next two years you do, if you want better secondary scoring. And it's going to be a short term guy, what's why Laine is interesting. He has two years left on his contract.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Jeeze, all this sarcasm. You guys are real downers. Instead of looking at it through such a cynical lens, think of all the free cap space we'll have once his buyout ends!

The buyout only happens if they double down with a Spurgeon buyout too. Can't just have one big dead cap hit afterall.

Reactions: BagHead

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The buyout only happens if they double down with a Spurgeon buyout too. Can't just have one big dead cap hit afterall.
And after they wreck the locker room by pitting the young kids against the veterans.

Spurgeon comes out saying he doesn't want to be paired with the new defenseman because it's going to hurt his numbers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Jeannot will be Guerin's acquisition this year. Small'ish cap hit, physical, might be cheap to acquire, he's dealt with TBL before.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's a no brainer, no?
Who's the GM of your Olympic Team?

Boldy isn't one of the top-12 US FWDs in the world. So there needs to be reasons he beats out other similar or better players.

If GMBG wasn't the US GM then I don't even see Boldy being in the conversation for making the US Olympic team.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Boldy isn't one of the top-12 US FWDs in the world. So there needs to be reasons he beats out other similar or better players.

If GMBG wasn't the US GM then I don't even see Boldy being in the conversation for making the US Olympic team.
Ok, I'm gonna play ball. Name the 12 players that's ahead of him.
(Yes, I'm a big Boldy fan)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Self proclaimed biggest Boldy supporter on these boards here,

Boldy's biggest problem is that there are several guys who are definitely better players:

Matthews
M Tkachuk
Robertson
Guentzel
Keller
Hughes
Larkin
Eichel
JT Miller
Connor

And then there are guys who are in the same tier that he needs to differentiate himself from, either by playing a better two-way game (his isn't bad, just doesn't stand out as one of his strengths) or by improving his offense:

Boldy
B Tkachuk
Trochek
Kreider
Boeser
DeBrincat
Caufield
Gaudreau (which Gaudreau are we getting? Could be in the 'definitely better' tier)
Tage Thompson
Kane

Then there are guys who could very well be better than him in a couple years if he doesn't improve much:

Cooley
Gauthier
Beniers
Will Smith

I'm sure I forgot some names, but the point is he's not definitively in the top 12 or even 13-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad