Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Offer sheets favor teams that do well, and consequently pick lower. FLA can make lose a 1st and not sweat it, CBJ, SJS, or CHI, not so much. It's really something that should be fixed in the next CBA in the name of competitive balance, but offer sheets are done so seldom i don't know if anyone really cares.

With Guentzel gone, and Necas and Pesce on the way out, i wonder if CAR offers on Pinto?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Offer sheets favor teams that do well, and consequently pick lower. FLA can make lose a 1st and not sweat it, CBJ, SJS, or CHI, not so much. It's really something that should be fixed in the next CBA in the name of competitive balance, but offer sheets are done so seldom i don't know if anyone really cares.

With Guentzel gone, and Necas and Pesce on the way out, i wonder if CAR offers on Pinto?
It’s rare for a competitive team to have both the cap space and picks available during their competitive window to take advantage of them, and if they do, it opens them up for retaliation as well. The Wild are in a rare position to take advantage over the next two seasons, but I still think it’s unlikely.

In Pinto’s case, we can only go to the $6MM limit, at which point Carolina just accepts and holds a grudge, not much in the way of benefit for us to do it.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s rare for a competitive team to have both the cap space and picks available during their competitive window to take advantage of them, and if they do, it opens them up for retaliation as well. The Wild are in a rare position to take advantage over the next two seasons, but I still think it’s unlikely.

In Pinto’s case, we can only go to the $6MM limit, at which point Carolina just accepts and holds a grudge, not much in the way of benefit for us to do it.
CAR would the one offering. Pinto is an OTT player.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
pretty boring interview with Brackett. Softball question after softball question. Paul Allen doesn't know, or care about, hockey.

Reactions: tyratoku

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Offer sheets are fine as they are written.

It's the mindset of the GMs in the league of "I won't touch your stuff if you don't touch my stuff: mindset they all have that needs to change. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad