Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A agree with you about Hartman.

Kap-JEE-Heidt (boom or bust for Heidt in his 9 games)
Boldy-Hartman-Zucc
Foligno-Rossi-Ohgren
MarJo-Freddy G-(Facepuncher GMBG picks up off the scrap heap)
I really like Foligno with Rossi, as long as he's healthy. He plays a heavy forecheck game that adds an element Rossi needs on his line. I think it's a really nice mix of styles — Foligno (forechecking, corner work, net crashing), Rossi (possession, playmaking), and Ohgren (sniper, forechecking). I would not be surprised to see that line be our 2nd best.

I like your lines for the first handful of games. Adjust from there.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Hypothetically, if Jeff Skinner were to be bought out this summer, would anyone be interested in signing him, and if so, what would be the max amount of term and dollars you'd give?
$1 Bob; but I’d give him 2.5 million as my max budget. Otherwise I don’t want him that bad.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd be very surprised if Heidt gets more than 9 games in the NHL this year. I don't think that he is strong and fast enough for the NHL right now. Hoping that one of Milne or Bankier has a very good summer of training and earns a spot in camp, or gets called up and sticks during the season.

Will Rossi continue to improve, stay the same as last year, or regress/sophomore slump?

Marat was ok as a bottom sixer, at best. Ohgren barely played. I liked him.
Both need to show some offense. Maybe going through the preseason with the team will allow them to mesh with the team better.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I really like Foligno with Rossi, as long as he's healthy. He plays a heavy forecheck game that adds an element Rossi needs on his line. I think it's a really nice mix of styles — Foligno (forechecking, corner work, net crashing), Rossi (possession, playmaking), and Ohgren (sniper, forechecking). I would not be surprised to see that line be our 2nd best.

I like your lines for the first handful of games. Adjust from there.

The issue is with Kap starting the season slow. Lines get adjusted for that when it seems to be a individual thing with Kap and not a linemate issue.

I'd be very surprised if Heidt gets more than 9 games in the NHL this year. I don't think that he is strong and fast enough for the NHL right now. Hoping that one of Milne or Bankier has a very good summer of training and earns a spot in camp, or gets called up and sticks during the season.

Will Rossi continue to improve, stay the same as last year, or regress/sophomore slump?

Both need to show some offense. Maybe going through the preseason with the team will allow them to mesh with the team better.

I'm not counting on Heidt for long either. I'm just trying to make a lineup that doesn't have either a very small line or a very inexperienced line. Ohgren and Marat K probably should be in the AHL, but with the roster construction/cap MN currently has it puts them in the NHL lineup. If the team still had a Nino/Haula/Pommer quality 3rd line then none of these kids would even be considered for the opening night roster.

I'm sure these roster projections/lineups will change after free agency.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1718983109024.png

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not surprising to see Beckman go, just not enough there to be a contributor. Game is just too fast for him at the NHL level and the shot never materialized into a threat.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The issue is with Kap starting the season slow. Lines get adjusted for that when it seems to be a individual thing with Kap and not a linemate issue.
Expect his nurse, I mean Zucc, to start the season with him on the top line.

Who's this Clarke guy, the new 2nd line forward? :D

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Not surprised about the Beckman trade as I stated I expected that to happen near the end of the season. Figured would be a trade for a player of similar potential/age to switch up the scenery for both. Hope it works out for both of them.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

Love those two. I do think that, even if they have great offseasons, they will start in Iowa, just because Bankier was a rookie last year, only played around 50 games, and Milne had only played half a season. It would not surprise me if one of them ended up sticking after being called up though. I think Milne has the advantage to stick simply due to his motor/pk/bottom 6 potential.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Separate from this trade, saw an article today on offer sheet candidates. I don’t think we are quite in position for one this season but Byfield and Mittelstadt are big targets. Prying Mittelstadt away from Colorado would be a coup while they are trying to deal with the losses of Landeskog and Nichushkin and still compete. Gives me warm tinglys and I hope someone does it.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was never too impressed with Beckman, even though he had a shot, length, and could skate reasonably well. Seems one year too early to get rid of him, but he certainly needed more strength if he was going to be a bottom sixer. I always liked Walker better, but he also was older and had more time to develop. He is another one who either needs to gain more strength, or get on the scoreboard during his callups.

Graeme Clarke?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Was never too impressed with Beckman, even though he had a shot, length, and could skate reasonably well. Seems one year too early to get rid of him, but he certainly needed more strength if he was going to be a bottom sixer. I always liked Walker better, but he also was older and had more time to develop. He is another one who either needs to gain more strength, or get on the scoreboard during his callups.

Graeme Clarke?
Agree with your assessment but I think his most recent NHL showing was pretty clear in that there is still a very significant amount of work to be done before he is a net positive player and his processing speed just wasn’t good enough, that doesn’t tend to improve dramatically at this point in development. Beckman works hard and has a good attitude so I expect he makes a career, but I don’t think he would have ever left the 4th line here.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also is the older brother of Brandt Clarke, the LA Kings d man picked 8th in 2021.

Maybe Guerin can convince LA to trade us another one of those RHD they refuse to play… :sarcasm:
That's my angle. Even though he never lived there, maybe Brandt is pining for the shores of Lake Waconia, and is choking on the smog in LA?:thumbu:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be pretty interested in the story of how he ended up being born in Waconia of all places

Also played with Rossi in Ottawa so that's neat

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Graeme Clarke?
And if we waited and his value went down people would be complaining that we got rid of him too late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad