Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I still remain completely baffled by this forum.

"We're stuck in mediocracy until we can draft high enough for a legit 1C"
"We lost!? WTF!?

Pick a f***ing lane.
That's what a lot of us have been saying but anytime we argue for the other lane we are yelled at and shouted down and how we are negative or trolling or whatever. Or people tell back.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Also if you really want to tank, trade Zuccs. He hasn't done jack in the playoffs and hasn't scored a goal in 7 games

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also if you really want to tank, trade Zuccs. He hasn't done jack in the playoffs and hasn't scored a goal in 7 games
The guy who assisted on both our goals last night, and is our Superstar’s best friend and linemate, nvm a bargain signing?

NOBODY has done much of anything in the playoffs. Using that a reason for trading someone would mean that we would have to trade almost everyone.

Reactions: grimmel95

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m fine with keeping Zucc. At least he looks like he can still play. Playing Kap-Boldy-Zucc together at least guarantees that our good forwards are happy. And it builds chemistry between Kap and Boldy for when Zucc retires/leaves in free agency.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like Zuccy and want to keep him around. I’d move Dumba/Foligno/Greenway while they still have any value, though.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Trying to flip the tank switch at the trade deadline doesn't seem like a coherent plan. At that point you probably finish middle of the pack regardless of the damage you do to the roster.

Cutting bait on players that aren't in your long term plans anyway is a different kind of thing. Zuccarello might not stay beyond his current deal, but he's still a good player to have around until then. Chances are he'd return plenty at the deadline as an expiring contract too, if it came to that.

Reactions: BagHead

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Dean and BG thought that Hartman and Foligno had developed into power forwards that would score 50 goals/yr while “playing the right way”, which allowed them to think that they could dump Fiala and his contract demands. Who knows what they thought about Greenway.

We are over 60% of the way through the season, and those three have 12 goals altogether.

In a nutshell, that’s the difference in this team. There are other factors, but it’s mostly that our middle six/ third line are giving us nothing. Kap line is getting all the attention, and the Fiala line isn’t making them pay.
That is exactly it. With Fiala gone so did any actual secondary scoring threat. That two line tandem created chaos for the opponent even without a good center. Relatively easy to defend one line with MAF getting ice only because of his past. He hasn’t stolen a game for a while. Greenway, Foligno, Reaves, Shaw, Duhaime,Steel….that’s an awful lot of dead weight zero offence plugs.

The endless penalties are making it even harder.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Trying to flip the tank switch at the trade deadline doesn't seem like a coherent plan. At that point you probably finish middle of the pack regardless of the damage you do to the roster.

Cutting bait on players that aren't in your long term plans anyway is a different kind of thing. Zuccarello might not stay beyond his current deal, but he's still a good player to have around until then. Chances are he'd return plenty at the deadline as an expiring contract too, if it came to that.
Yeah, I think there’s a difference between trying to tank and trying to manage your assets efficiently. Foligno and Greenway and can understand hanging onto for a bit as they still have term, but Dumba’s needs to be moved, even if it’s just to get back into the 3rd round.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Zuccy and want to keep him around. I’d move Dumba/Foligno/Greenway while they still have any value, though.
I would move them even if they didn’t have any value. Addition by subtraction in Greenway’s case, Dumba is gone anyway, and his presence will only lose us a couple/ few spots in the draft. Foligno I can see keeping, if only so we don’t go and get another DLo/Reaves next year, but if keeping him prevents us from signing Gus, or Addison, then he’s got to go.

Would be losing a lot of physicality on the team, though. There isn’t any down in the AHL…maybe a bit for ROR and Hunt down the road?

Parax

Aug 26, 2018

I don't know if it's really a tank so much as seeing what you have in guys and either getting a spark or improving your draft position. Ottawa is 6 points back with a game in hand and would be drafting 10th right now. Every team between us and them is within playoff reach and hasn't sold yet. If Walker, Beckaman, Rossi 2.0, whoever else brings some needed spark then this team can push for a first round exit. If not then a top 10 pick is a realistic lottery possiblity.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't know if it's really a tank so much as seeing what you have in guys and either getting a spark or improving your draft position. Ottawa is 6 points back with a game in hand and would be drafting 10th right now. Every team between us and them is within playoff reach and hasn't sold yet. If Walker, Beckaman, Rossi 2.0, whoever else brings some needed spark then this team can push for a first round exit. If not then a top 10 pick is a realistic lottery possiblity.
I do think some crazy swings in the standings are possible, just that it's not a realistic to goal to set. Prioritizing asset management over the current standings and letting the chips fall where they may seems like the best approach.

Zuccarello's just an interesting case because he's too old to be considered a long-term piece, but important enough to the current roster to be wary of trading him. At least not right now.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Can’t trade Foligno or Greenway because they are GMBG “ identity “ rough tough players.
But do trade Fiala so he can be an all-star on another team. Shaw and dewar throw harder hits than greenway ffs.

Rossi, Beckman, Walker can’t be any worse than Foligno or Greenway. They aren’t fast enough to retrieve a dump in and if they do they have no idea/ plan what to do with the puck and give it away.

It’s obviously a sell situation. You’re in cap hell and won’t make playoffs, plan for the future. This year is toast.
Keep Boldy with Kap zucc so they maintain their happiness. Spreading out the scoring hasn’t worked. Boldy feeling a little pressure from his big payday I think.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I still remain completely baffled by this forum.
"We're stuck in mediocracy until we can draft high enough for a legit 1C"
"We lost!? WTF!?

Pick a f***ing lane.

I always want to watch a competitive team because it makes me actually interested in watching the team the entire year. No one wants to watch a bottom dweller & I’d rather that not be the type of performance Kap gets used to.

Although I definitely wouldn’t mind blowing up the team at this point since Guerin has fumbled what could’ve been an otherwise competitive team through the dead cap.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ha. In one of them right now and terrified every second. As-Salamu Alaykum :thumbu:
My father in law would drive down the middle of the lane, with one arm draped over seat, and gesticulating with the other, all the while dodging around trucks, and scooters, who were doing more or less the same thing.

What a boss.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy feeling a little pressure from his big payday I think.
I'm not so sure. He was excellent immediately following the extension. Now the entire team is feeling some pressure because no one can score (especially at 5v5). It's not specific to any one player.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just read Russo’s gamer from last night. He was about as scorching as you can get on the team, and the decisions being made/not made. I thought it was fair, and about time, but I understand that he is in a different position than those of us who can spout off all they want with no real world repercussions.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just read Russo’s gamer from last night. He was about as scorching as you can get on the team, and the decisions being made/not made. I thought it was fair, and about time, but I understand that he is in a different position than those of us who can spout off all they want with no real world repercussions.

It's funny, after @KaprizovSaveUs said Greenway trade incoming earlier, I looked at his Twitter to see if there actually was something in the works right now, and I saw he retweeted a tweet about selling off and tanking. I don't think I've ever seen Russo support a tanking message before.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
It was nice reading an article that didn’t feel like it was coming from the propaganda arm of the Wild management.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was nice reading an article that didn’t feel like it was coming from the propaganda arm of the Wild management.
I like Russo, and have seen far worse than him when it comes kissing up to team management. These guys have to maintain relationships on the team, or they simply won’t get info. It’s a challenging line to walk. I think he does it pretty well, but I definitely disagree at times with what he writes, I.e. how Fiala couldn’t have been fit under the financial structure of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad