Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ah; I forgot about that.

There is a chance that Fenton already did his due diligence on Zucker and knew what teams wanted him and what teams didn't.
This is fair enough. We don't know for certain because we weren't there. Bruce Boudreau seems to feel due diligence wasn't completed, that's what we do know.

Reactions: TaLoN

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Evason postgame comments last night....:banghead:

As Wild struggle offensively, Dean Evason is done talking about how they can’t score

“Not talking about the offense anymore. Honestly, why?” coach Dean Evason said after the Wild fell to 3-6-1 in their past 10 and 1-3-1 since the break. “We talked to the group about that, too. If we continue to talk, like, ‘We can’t score, we can’t score, we can’t score,’ eventually you’ll think you can’t score.”

Evason then pronounced like he truly believes it’s going to magically turn, “We’re going to score the way we score. We’re going to get to the net. “We’re going to play five-on-five. When we do that, we’re going to catch some more breaks like we did the other night with Hartzy’s goal. We’ve just got to keep grinding away. It’s rewarding to play like that, too.”

• Wow

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
With Foligno looking like he might be hobbled for a few games, now would be a good time to call up Walker, no?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
This is the shit that gives me no confidence in Evason. We can’t talk about the lack of scoring because then you’ll believe you can’t score? For f***s sake.
This team is 26th in the league in 5v5 xG/60 and 29th in 5v5 GF/60. You can’t score nor are you generating any chances. And then he references scoring MN Wild goals, like the one that hit Hartman? JFC. Let's use the flukiest thing to represent our scoring prowess...

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
ES points the last 5 games:
Kaprizov ~ 2pts
Zuccarello ~ 2pts
Hartman ~ 2pts
Eriksson Ek ~ 1pt
Boldy ~ 0pts
Foligno ~ 0pts

That’s our top 6. Even our big four (Kap, Zucc, Boldy, Ek) are struggling hard.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is the shit that gives me no confidence in Evason. We can’t talk about the lack of scoring because then you’ll believe you can’t score? For f***s sake.
This team is 26th in the league in 5v5 xG/60 and 29th in 5v5 GF/60. You can’t score nor are you generating any chances. And then he references scoring MN Wild goals, like the one that hit Hartman? JFC. Let's use the flukiest thing to represent our scoring prowess...
Remember when Poms was in a big scoring slump, then scored when he ducked, hiding behind his stick, and the puck went in off the shaft?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dean and BG thought that Hartman and Foligno had developed into power forwards that would score 50 goals/yr while “playing the right way”, which allowed them to think that they could dump Fiala and his contract demands. Who knows what they thought about Greenway.

We are over 60% of the way through the season, and those three have 12 goals altogether.

In a nutshell, that’s the difference in this team. There are other factors, but it’s mostly that our middle six/ third line are giving us nothing. Kap line is getting all the attention, and the Fiala line isn’t making them pay.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Dean and BG thought that Hartman and Foligno had developed into power forwards that would score 50 goals/yr while “playing the right way”, which allowed them to think that they could dump Fiala and his contract demands. Who knows what they thought about Greenway.

We are over 60% of the way through the season, and those three have 12 goals altogether.

In a nutshell, that’s the difference in this team. There are other factors, but it’s mostly that our middle six/ third line are giving us nothing. Kap line is getting all the attention, and the Fiala line isn’t making them pay.
Anyone who know anything about hockey and watched the wild even casually knew 100% this was going to happen. Not the brain trust running the team though.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Remember when we were told that having Fiala was a, "luxury" because of our depth? Fun times.

Greenway should have NEVER been relied on to score goals, so when I see people complain that he isn't a 20 goal guy (not saying you) it drives me crazy. He has literally not scored on that rate since he was in Highschool. But the reliance on a few players who blew their career highs out of the water (and shooting %) was never a recipe for success. At the end of the day, the dead cap is the biggest factor and while we tried to fill in our top 9 forwards with something, the options were very limited.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Remember when we were told that having Fiala was a, "luxury" because of our depth? Fun times.
Every time someone brings up Fiala as a skilled forward vs big physical players like Greenway/Foligno I’m reminded of another scenario that has played out almost the same up until this point: Boldy vs Caufield.

People can talk all they want about how Fiala was a great 5v5 scorer, but when I bring up we could have drafted Caufield instead of Boldy it’s the complete opposite opinion. Boldy’s a “better all around player” or he’s “built better for NHL hockey.”

Caufield has three more 5v5 goals than Kaprizov in seven fewer games. And yes, Caufield is done for the season, but it’s not like Boldy has been injury proof either. He missed half of last season.

There are plenty of questionable decisions this team has made looking in hindsight.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Every time someone brings up Fiala as a skilled forward vs big physical players like Greenway/Foligno I’m reminded of another scenario that has played out almost the same up until this point: Boldy vs Caufield.

People can talk all they want about how Fiala was a great 5v5 scorer, but when I bring up we could have drafted Caufield instead of Boldy it’s the complete opposite opinion. Boldy’s a “better all around player” or he’s “built better for NHL hockey.”

Caufield has three more 5v5 goals than Kaprizov in seven fewer games. And yes, Caufield is done for the season, but it’s not like Boldy has been injury proof either. He missed half of last season.

There are plenty of questionable decisions this team has made looking in hindsight.
Don't let this become a Webster/Zuccarello thing. I like Caufield and want to see him do well.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Let’s just use my go-to move and redirect our blame towards Guerin for not becoming GM earlier so that he could acquire another pick in the draft to get Boldy AND Caufield

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We sure do need it, but that doesn't mean it was a mistake to take Boldy. And I would really question if Caufield would be scoring as much 5v5 if he was playing where Boldy has been.
Caufield has never struggled to score ever. If his past shows anything, he has an extremely fast learning curve in terms of increasing his goal scoring.

Look at:
SPASH year 1 vs SPASH year 2
USNTDP year 1 vs USNTDP year 2
US U18 year 1 vs US U18 year 2
US U18 WJC year 1 vs US U18 WJC year 2
Wisconsin year 1 vs Wisconsin year 2
Montreal year 1 vs Montreal year 2

This kid is stupid good at scoring goals.

Reactions: MNRube
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad