Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think I mentioned 12+ times that Boldy’s production would be heavily impacted but I was assured that Rossi and friends would pick up the slack.
13th times the charm.

Iowa hasn’t lost in regulation in over a month. Wallstedt, our top rated prospect, is 8-0-1 in his last 9 games.

Of our top prospects according to Wheeler, only 3 of the top 10 play for Iowa: Wallstedt, Rossi, and Beckman. Yurov, Ohgren, Faber, Lambos, Khusnutdinov, Peart and Spacek all play elsewhere.
They are in 4 th place, aren’t they? And that’s just in the Central. Let’s not pretend they are some powerhouse.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
13th times the charm.

They are in 4 th place, aren’t they? And that’s just in the Central. Let’s not pretend they are some powerhouse.
3rd in the division.

They’re pretty darn hard to beat when Wallstedt is in goal. They’ve had almost everyone back and situated since December and they’ve been steadily going up the standings as a result. They have a 14 game point streak going. 9 wins, 3 OT losses, 2 shootout losses.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Since the Wild prospects are doing well, shouldn’t GMBG be applauded? Or did he not draft many? Seems like with a little patience good things are on the horizon.
He hired the guy that drafted them, anyway.

I think that him acquiring more draft picks and hiring Brackett and Co is the best thing he’s done as a GM
Brackett and Co have some questions in the air, currently. I wouldn't go the the "In Brackett We Trust" tatoo quite yet.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Or, if you do, get it on your ass where you can hide it. If you need to.
d5e2f23c-8e2a-4390-8c66-ee9430085e13_text.gif

EVxTOuEXQAAH3a0.jpg

DyvTEzdXQAIWZni.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: fgobuzz

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Evason wants them to keep grinding....hoping they would "embrace the pressure." His words.

It's NOT working!!! Stop sitting on your hands waiting for different results with the same crap. It's the same thing they did last postseason, which was wait until it's too late to make changes.

Guys should be called up NOW. Yes, we're stuck with most of the roster, but that doesn't mean you can't make some shake-ups and changes.....Walker, anyone?

If they keep sitting on their hands and continue with the same lineup, then they must truly be tanking. There's no other excuse.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think I mentioned 12+ times that Boldy’s production would be heavily impacted but I was assured that Rossi and friends would pick up the slack.
I actually think most people believed that his production would take a hit. I think we hoped Rossi would help along with natural progression, but it seemed like a very real outcome that trading Fiala would have a trickle down affect throughout the lineup that would lead to a lot of decreased production.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Evason wants them to keep grinding....hoping they would "embrace the pressure." His words.

It's NOT working!!! Stop sitting on your hands waiting for different results with the same crap. It's the same thing they did last postseason, which was wait until it's too late to make changes.

Guys should be called up NOW. Yes, we're stuck with most of the roster, but that doesn't mean you can't make some shake-ups and changes.....Walker, anyone?

If they keep sitting on their hands and continue with the same lineup, then they must truly be tanking. There's no other excuse.
It breaks me up they talk like the team isn’t working hard enough… there are always exceptions, but for the vast majority of players, they do work hard. If they didn’t they wouldn’t have made it to where they are. Also, why do they think that the other team can be outworked, as if they are a lazy bunch ripe for the plucking.

What athletes need is something to work on that gives them an edge, both for themselves personally, and as a team. It might be intel on the other team, it might be skill training that they lack, physical training, rest, or a diet change…. To say that they need to dig down deeper is a vague description of something that, to me, shows that the coach is plumb out of ideas.

I mean, they’ve done all the team building crap in the Rockies, and in Cabo. What’s next, the Seychelles? The Chicken Ranch in Vegas?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
No GDT yet...

Morning skate lineup changes, Reaves scratched.
Great news...Brodin is back.
Evason once again splits up GREEF line.
Not sure about the goalie tonight, looks like Gustavsson.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Duhaime-Eriksson Ek-Boldy
Greenway-Gaudreau-Foligno
Dewar-Steel-Shaw

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Merrill-Addison

Reactions: BagHead

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
No GDT yet...

Dewar-Steel-Shaw

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Merrill-Addison
F'n finally Ek gets away. Let's gooooo

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No GDT yet...

Dewar-Steel-Shaw

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Merrill-Addison
Holy f'n f man, Ek is with Boldy!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looking forward to hearing about how Boldy does on a crash and bang style line.

At the very least, I'm thinking he'll get a little more possession in the offensive zone, cause his linemates can actually win some battles now.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Well at least he almost has enough speed to recover a dump in. Moose and Rig way too slow. Like their nicknames.
Exactly. Duhaime would not be my choice (Sammie please!) But the way this year is going ill take him over the 2/3 of GREEF that have been abysmal.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Did anyone else read the zucker article on the athletic? Awesome behind the scenes insight.
-Kessel turning down the trade, Frolik+1st if he went to CGY.
-Leipold told Zucker he was firing Fenton ahead of time
-And how BG told BB to put Zucker on the 4th line.

Reactions: Minnesota

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Did anyone else read the zucker article on the athletic? Awesome behind the scenes insight.
-Kessel turning down the trade, Frolik+1st if he went to CGY.
-Leipold told Zucker he was firing Fenton ahead of time
-And how BG told BB to put Zucker on the 4th line.
The part I found most interesting was Bruce Boudreau basically confirming what many of us suspected, that Fenton would get a particular player in his head that he wanted (or wanted gone?), and do no more due diligence around the league once he'd found a deal.

Fenton called then-coach Bruce Boudreau to ask what he thought of Kessel. Boudreau told Fenton to do whatever he thought was right but that he should probably offer Zucker to every team first.

“He said, ‘Good advice,’” recalled Boudreau. “And then an hour later, he phoned me and said, ‘Just made the deal.’”
One hour is a pretty quick turnaround for 30 phone calls.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The part I found most interesting was Bruce Boudreau basically confirming what many of us suspected, that Fenton would get a particular player in his head that he wanted (or wanted gone?), and do no more due diligence around the league once he'd found a deal.

That's ONLY 1 call every 2 minutes... lol

"Hey. It's Fenton. Interested in Zucker?"
"Hey. Well, maybe"
"Ok. Bye"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: TaLoN and BagHead

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

I'm confused, because Fenton didn't make a deal for Zucker. So what deal is he talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad