Proposal: Minnesota - Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Chytil, Laf, Kakko for Kaprizov.

Kakko is pretty much for cap reasons here, he doesn't have a lot of value. Chytil and Laf do, but still not as much as Kaprizov. But they are young and controlled: Chytil is signed for 3 more years, Laf is RFA.

I'd say it all depends on how good Lafreniere is going to progress. I'd say he's little by little becoming the player people expected he'd become. I very doubt he'll ever be as good as Kaprizov, but it's better to have him for next many years than having problems with Kaprizov resigning.

For Rangers they immediately get another superstar and top5 NHL winger, and I'm pretty sure they won't have problems with resigning him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alright, I'm just gonna get this party started

This is horrendous for Minnesota

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Alright, I'm just gonna get this party started

This is horrendous for Minnesota

Chytil and Laf are very good parts, I doubt you'll get anything close to them if it becomes obvious that the Wild have problems with resigning Kaprizov... I think you won't get anything close to them even now, because other teams aren't sure they'll be able to resign Kap. Rangers never had problems with resigning Russians, though. NY has the biggest Russian community in the world outside former USSR countries after all.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Chytil and Laf are very good parts, I doubt you'll get anything close to them if it becomes obvious that the Wild have problems with resigning Kaprizov...

I'll take my chances

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Maybe Kaprizov stays, maybe he wants to sign his last largest contract elsewhere. Too early to say.

But if the Wild are going to trade him it can’t be for a collection of NHL mediocrity (to this point) with contracts that are going to sum to (or over) to cap hit you would be allocating to save for Kaprizov. Especially with no picks or prospects coming back to move your window.

That trade does nothing for the Wild as they now have to create space for all of those players and more importantly you’ve just eaten up the only thing that could be seen as a positive if Kaprizov were to leave, a 10+ million opening in cap space. That’s valuable and would allow the Wild to go after someone who could mitigate some of the loss of what Kaprizov would represent. Which neither of these three have remotely shown.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Chytil, Laf, Kakko for Kaprizov.

Kakko is pretty much for cap reasons here, he doesn't have a lot of value. Chytil and Laf do, but still not as much as Kaprizov. But they are young and controlled: Chytil is signed for 3 more years, Laf is RFA.

I'd say it all depends on how good Lafreniere is going to progress. I'd say he's little by little becoming the player people expected he'd become. I very doubt he'll ever be as good as Kaprizov, but it's better to have him for next many years than having problems with Kaprizov resigning.

For Rangers they immediately get another superstar and top5 NHL winger, and I'm pretty sure they won't have problems with resigning him.
NO

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Wild wouldn’t be likely to take this, and the Rangers couldn’t afford Kaprizov’s likely next contract. So this doesn’t do much for either team.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
kaprizov, clearly the best player listed, has another year before Wild have to worry about this. So they wouldn't be interested. This isn't a decision they need to make right now regarding Kaprizov's future with the organization.

Rangers aren't guaranteed to be able to sign him just because they don't have issues signing players. In 2 years, where is the team going to be with no Laf, no Chytil, probably no Panarin, and an even older Zibanejad and Kreider? What makes Kaprizov interested in sticking around when the prospect pool doesn't look like it'll be staying contenders?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
No. Quantity is not quality.

Minnesota won't get equal to Kaprizov players for him because they aren't for trade. If they think they will resign him, then great. But they shouldn't whine later when they won't be able to resign him and have to trade him for peanuts or just let him go for nothing...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Wild wouldn’t be likely to take this, and the Rangers couldn’t afford Kaprizov’s likely next contract. So this doesn’t do much for either team.
The premise of this deal is sending Chytil's money the other way, not having to pay Lafrenierre's extension, and Kaprizov's new deal will kick in when Panarin's and Trouba's expire. They'll probably want to bring Panarin back, but he'll be 34/35 and probably not very expensive.

But the math could change if Shesterkin gets what he wants.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota won't get equal to Kaprizov players for him because they aren't for trade. If they think they will resign him, then great. But they shouldn't whine later when they won't be able to resign him and have to trade him for peanuts or just let him go for nothing...
I'm not under the illusion that the Wild would get Kaprizov's equal in a trade, but you shouldn't be under the illusion that they wouldn't get a great package nonetheless, one that doesn't include another team's problems.

The Wild have Foligno, they don't need another $4+ million player (Chytil) who can't stay healthy. The Wild have plenty of overpaid 3rd and 4th liners, they don't need Kakko. Make a trade offer with some value besides the single good player who isn't as good as Kaprizov, if you're going to at all.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With him having a full NMC, I am resigned to the idea that if he's not on the team going forward, he'll have been traded for less-than-ideal value or walked for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad