Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Kirill Kaprizov re-signs with the Wild (5 years, $9M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He is overpaid by more than that. You can enjoy him all you like, doesn't mean his contact is good.

And you thinking he's overpaid because you don't know anything about the player or the situation other than what you can see on a stat line doesn't mean his contract is bad.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Whatever, you have proven without any doubt you think very highly of yourself and only you can be right. Also proven you have to insult others to convey your point, which is sad.

The irony of people making posts like this is that they're usually the exact same way, they just don't want to see it in themselves.

I also haven't insulted you yet, but stick around.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What's the right average on a 5 year deal that buys 2 UFA years, in your opinion?

I don't care what the average is. I think any player regardless of team should have to prove themselves for 2-3 years before giving them big money. Going nuts immediately is why the league is filled with insane deals.

If the Wings had given KK this deal I would still hate it, and I think Yzerman is a good GM.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't care what the average is. I think any player regardless of team should have to prove themselves for 2-3 years before giving them big money. Going nuts immediately is why the league is filled with insane deals.

If the Wings had given KK this deal I would still hate it, and I think Yzerman is a good GM.

Take a swing.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It's not insightful, and you're not intelligent for posting it. Every single person on this site and beyond understands that concept.

This is an insult as you inferred I am the dumbest person on this site. I have had posts removed for less than this.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Take a swing.

Right now I would have offered him 7x3 and if he wasn't happy I trade him. That is more than fair for what he has done.

To me if he isn't 70 pts plus every year, plus great in playoffs this is a terrible deal. Maybe he will be, not saying he won't, but I hate that players get these deals for unproven amount of work.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Im thoroughly convinced most of these critics of this contract have either never watched or barely watched Kap play. Cant wait for him to win a hart and shut up all the naysayers. Guys a STUD, and get used to seeing his name. This team could be a serious contender if boldy and rossi hit the ground running.
If he wins a hart he will have proven something and will be irrelevant to the criticism right now. Questioning giving a guy with a 50 game sample size 9m a year is valid regardless of whether minnesota fan get emotional about it or not. Guaranteed at least a handful of you would be in a thread saying the same shit if the shoe was on the other foot.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Right now I would have offered him 7x3 and if he wasn't happy I trade him. That is more than fair for what he has done.

To me if he isn't 70 pts plus every year, plus great in playoffs this is a terrible deal. Maybe he will be, not saying he won't, but I hate that players get these deals for unproven amount of work.
LOL, you would walk him straight to UFA while only paying for his RFA years at $7MM? That's almost exactly what he is getting in this contract except with two additional UFA years included and his contract ends when the Wild are out of cap trouble and have the ability to re-up if they choose. Why make so many posts when you clearly are not well informed?

Reactions: GuerinUp and AKL

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
LOL, you would walk him straight to UFA while only paying for his RFA years at $7MM? That's almost exactly what he is getting in this contract except with two additional UFA years included and his contract ends when the Wild are out of cap trouble and have the ability to re-up if they choose. Why make so many posts when you clearly are not well informed?

He is already getting paid like a UFA and an overpaid one at that. What do UFA years have to do with anything when he already got paid like one?

Reactions: CherryToke

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If he wins a hart he will have proven something and will be irrelevant to the criticism right now. Questioning giving a guy with a 50 game sample size 9m a year is valid regardless of whether minnesota fan get emotional about it or not. Guaranteed at least a handful of you would be in a thread saying the same shit if the shoe was on the other foot.
I doubt it, go read through the big signings over the last few years and see how many Wild fans jump in to trash them, you won't find many. Generally, the small fan base on here only seems to post about former or current players, and at least approaches with a modicum of insight, rather than spouting out asinine comments like "if his productions drops drastically, this will be a bad contract!!"

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He is already getting paid like a UFA and an overpaid one at that. What do UFA years have to do with anything when he already got paid like one?
Team control? Believe it or not, he is seen as a good player and impact teammate that the organization would like to keep around for his prime years. If that answer wasn't obvious to you then its probably not worth engaging with you further.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Team control? Believe it or not, he is seen as a good player and impact teammate that the organization would like to keep around for his prime years. If that answer wasn't obvious to you then its probably not worth engaging with you further.

How is that team control? If he hits UFA, he isn't getting much more than he is now. Now you paid him like a UFA who will only want a lot more next time.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I doubt it, go read through the big signings over the last few years and see how many Wild fans jump in to trash them, you won't find many. Generally, the small fan base on here only seems to post about former or current players, and at least approaches with a modicum of insight, rather than spouting out asinine comments like "if his productions drops drastically, this will be a bad contract!!"

Way to brag up your HF fan base. I have seen lots of fans from every single fan base here that jump on everything.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
When you dominate the KHL you can get a GOOD gauge of how he will perform in the NHL.

Elite Prospects - KHL Stats 2020-2021

Here are the scoring leaders for this past season in the KHL. LONG list of failed NHLers at the top if that list.

In his seasons in the KHL he finished 3rd, 11th, 22nd, 23rd, 98th and he was not in the top 100 in his first year...each of those seasons he was behind failed NHL guys.....

KHL success means jack sh*t

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsfan28

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
How is that team control? If he hits UFA, he isn't getting much more than he is now. Now you paid him like a UFA who will only want a lot more next time.

Remember that the Wild wanted him for 8 years and that Kaprizov wanted 3 years and to walk directly into UFA. So 5 years in this case is 2 more years of team control than Kaprizov wanted to give. The Wild think he is a star and are paying him as such.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

Here are the scoring leaders for this past season in the KHL. LONG list of failed NHLers at the top if that list.

In his seasons in the KHL he finished 3rd, 11th, 22nd, 23rd, 98th and he was not in the top 100 in his first year...each of those seasons he was behind failed NHL guys.....

Kaprizov was regarded as the best player in the world *not* playing in the NHL. Thats why it matters. He didn’t just drop out of the sky.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Look at the U23 single season scoring leaders in the KHL going back the last 10 years.

You'll see the list looks a little differently.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad