Value of: Miller to wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Filip Johansson is probably the type of RHD defensive prospect the Canucks would be looking for in a return for Miller.

Johansson has been developing in the SHL for the last 3 seasons and is in the last year of his contract with Frolunda, so Johansson should be making the jump to North America next season.

I think I can personally guarantee you that Filip Johansson would not be a sticking point in a JT Miller deal.

Reactions: TanSor

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I think I can personally guarantee you that Filip Johansson would not be a sticking point in a JT Miller deal.
No I believe it would come down to what the picks would be that would go along with a player like Johansson.

If I were Guerin I would probably balk if Vancouver asked on Johansson as Filip is developing his game nicely in the SHL, this year FJ has looked strong in his own zone.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Canucks should retain 50% on Miller to maximize their return. But assuming Boldy and Rossi are untouchable, it would take a considerable asset haul to make a trade with Minnesota work out.

Like Addison + Lambos + Beckman + Khusnutdinov

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well yeah, Miller at max retention for 4 B-level prospects would be disappointing. I'd rather have one higher-end piece.

I mean you're obviously not going to get Addison+Lambos+Beckman+Khusnutdinov for him. I think everyone knows that. Doesn't really matter how much you retain.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
You have a really weird habit of speaking authoritatively to people about their own prospects. That poster is acutely aware of where Johansson has been playing and when he might come over. I bet he could even explain to you how Minnesota may or may not even qualify him, and the possible outcomes of all of those scenarios too.
Just having conversation, wasn’t speaking authoritatively, I just go by what I see.

Johansson hasn’t signed an NHL ELC contract yet, so there’s nothing to qualify as FJ is in the last year of his contract with Frolunda.

Minnesota must sign FJ by June 1st 2022 or they risk losing his rights.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just having conversation, wasn’t speaking authoritatively, I just go by what I see.

Johansson hasn’t signed an NHL ELC contract yet, so there’s nothing to qualify as FJ is in the last year of his contract with Frolunda.

:rolleyes:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

If we offer him a contract and he declines, we get a compensatory 2nd round pick. If we offer and he accepts, then he comes over and plays in the AHL. I think that there are quite a few Minnesota fans that are actually wanting it to be the former.

It would be absolutely inexcusable for a contract to not be offered.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
If we offer him a contract and he declines, we get a compensatory 2nd round pick. If we offer and he accepts, then he comes over and plays in the AHL. I think that there are quite a few Minnesota fans that are actually wanting it to be the former.

It would be absolutely inexcusable for a contract to not be offered.

Do you think Russo is wrong in saying he's heard that Guerin isn't offering him a contract? Because I really like him as a player

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
I think people keep forgetting that Miller is a PPG
1st line winger on a fantastic contract.
Hi won’t be going for peanuts.
The Canucks don’t need or want to trade him, so maybe try thinking ‘there are two teams needs that need to be met with this trade” before coming up with these bullshit offers.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think people keep forgetting that Miller is a PPG
1st line winger on a fantastic contract.
Hi won’t be going for peanuts.
The Canucks don’t need or want to trade him, so maybe try thinking ‘there are two teams needs that need to be met with this trade” before coming up with these bullshit offers.
No one forgot. PPG wingers have gone for less than what's being offered for miller here. And the Canucks want or need to trade someone. Have you not been paying attention to their spot in the standings or the rumors surrounding the team?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Vancouver rightfully wants Boldy/Rossi and Minnesota rightfully wants it to be Fiala/Greenway. I think both teams can find a better trading partner IMO. As a Wild fan, it is not ideal to buy Miller when his value is at all-time high.

Reactions: Tempo

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
No one forgot. PPG wingers have gone for less than what's being offered for miller here. And the Canucks want or need to trade someone. Have you not been paying attention to their spot in the standings or the rumors surrounding the team?

They don’t need to trade anyone.
They need to fire their coach.
Miller is a heart and soul player. You don’t just trade those away when it gets tough.

Reactions: DekeyPete

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
They don’t need to trade anyone.
They need to fire their coach.
Miller is a heart and soul player. You don’t just trade those away when it gets tough.
Agreed. They need a coach who will come in and say "every single one of you guys shut the f*** up. We start today fresh. Lets run my drills"
More than any trade at this point.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m not an expert in the Wild cap situation, but don’t they have something like 14M in buyout hit coming the next two seasons? As such how they possibly add a 5M salary and not give back salary, or have the Canucks retain on Miller? In either of those instances I would imagine a steep price from Van, ie Boldy or Rossi, at which point discussions likely end. I don’t see a pic and a B level prospect getting it done, as noted almost certainly could do better elsewhere

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
I’m not an expert in the Wild cap situation, but don’t they have something like 14M in buyout hit coming the next two seasons? As such how they possibly add a 5M salary and not give back salary, or have the Canucks retain on Miller? In either of those instances I would imagine a steep price from Van, ie Boldy or Rossi, at which point discussions likely end. I don’t see a pic and a B level prospect getting it done, as noted almost certainly could do better elsewhere
Yes the cap hit is gonna be bad the next few years but wild have 15mill in cap space. bring it to 10million if Miller is added. wild would flip fiala for picks. greenway can't make much if he wants much trade his rights. Bing up rossi and boldy to fill in. Wild will be fine as long as the youth can play well. The bigger issue will be in 3rd year when contracts are up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yes the cap hit is gonna be bad the next few years but wild have 15mill in cap space. bring it to 10million if Miller is added. wild would flip fiala for picks. greenway can't make much if he wants much trade his rights. Bing up rossi and boldy to fill in. Wild will be fine as long as the youth can play well. The bigger issue will be in 3rd year when contracts are up.
Yeah, Miller's cap hit relative to the role he'd be playing is fine (great, really) through next year. They just wouldn't be able to extend him.

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
Yeah, Miller's cap hit relative to the role he'd be playing is fine (great, really) through next year. They just wouldn't be able to extend him.
yeah pretty much that. Wild will be hoping rossi is read to fill that role. wild would be willing to take that contract on for the 2 years of the most needed position we need

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Curious to what comparable you're looking at. If you say Hall, there are a whole slew of other reasons so that doesn't really hold. But I am curious what other 3 year PPG players have been traded for less than some of the offers on here.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Curious to what comparable you're looking at. If you say Hall, there are a whole slew of other reasons so that doesn't really hold. But I am curious what other 3 year PPG players have been traded for less than some of the offers on here.

There are, objectively, a slew of various reasons here that Miller is (potentially) being traded, so maybe it does hold.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
There are, objectively, a slew of various reasons here that Miller is (potentially) being traded, so maybe it does hold.
My reasons were $8.0 million contract, rental that said he was going to test free agency, a full NMC and not being a ppg player from 3 seasons. So....point still stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad