Value of: Miller to wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
Van trades Miller for wild 1st this year 2nd next year and hunt

van get 1st this year 2nd next year and hunt.
wild get Miller

this fair or what needs to be added ?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

wild get Miller

Cap space to fit Miller in Minnesota, for one.

Beyond that I wouldn't really hate this sort of a trade, mostly because I'm confident that we could recoup most of that package by trading Fiala at the draft.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I will admit idk who hunt is, but I doubt he is a big enough prospect(?) to make this work for the Canucks. We'd likely get more from other teams.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I will admit idk who hunt is, but I doubt he is a big enough prospect(?) to make this work for the Canucks. We'd likely get more from other teams.
That would be Daemon Hunt, who's a decent LD prospect. The best piece in the offer is definitely the 1st though, and I don't think it's crazy to expect that Vancouver could get something better from another team.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Been throwing this out for about a month now and I think it's more in line with what Vancouver should be looking for, which is NHL ready or close-to NHL ready talent.

Miller for Greenway, Addison and their 2nd gives them the big, physical winger to compliment one of their top two Cs and a high end RD prospect who could push for minutes almost immediately.

Most importantly it gives them assets that aren't going to push them into more cap trouble in the near future considering Benning's cap management has been horrendous.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Minnesota: Horvat, Miller, Boeser (50% retained)

To Vancouver: Kaprizov, Rask

Wild upgrade their lineup

Canucks add a young all-star play alongside Pettersson

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
To Minnesota: Horvat, Miller, Boeser (50% retained)

To Vancouver: Kaprizov, Rask

Wild upgrade their lineup

Canucks add a young all-star play alongside Pettersson
Aside from the obvious ridiculousness of this one, Minnesota can't add three players that'll need extensions during the worst part of the buyout years. They'd end up only keeping one or two of them, which isn't worth giving up Kaprizov.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

wild get Miller

This deal looks like a realistic hockey trade but I don’t believe Vancouver would go for it since the 1st round pick would be a late pick as things stand now and Minnesota has better defensive prospects that the Nucks would probably be more interested in.

I know Lambos is most definitely off the table but maybe Minnesota LD prospect O’Rourke could be had since he might move the needle a little.

I don’t know how Minnesota would take on Miller’s extension at the end of his contract, so Fiala and maybe Greenway would probably have to be dealt in separate trades to make the cap work moving forward in Minnesota.

The Nucks would probably want two 1st round picks and a better defensive prospect in O’Rourke but the Wild would probably balk at the price considering their cap situation and the need to build depth through the draft.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This deal looks like a realistic hockey trade but I don’t believe Vancouver would go for it since the 1st round pick would be a late pick as things stand now and Minnesota has better defensive prospects that the Nucks would probably be more interested in.

I know Lambos is most definitely off the table but maybe Minnesota LD prospect O’Rourke could be had since he might move the needle a little.

I don’t know how Minnesota would take on Miller’s extension at the end of his contract, so Fiala and maybe Greenway would probably have to be dealt in separate trades to make the cap work moving forward in Minnesota.

The Nucks would probably want two 1st round picks and a better defensive prospect in O’Rourke but the Wild would probably balk at the price considering their cap situation and the need to build depth through the draft.

31 teams in the league are going to balk at two 1sts and a prospect like O'Rourke for Miller.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Assuming the Canucks clean house on their management and go for a proper rebuild, I'd ask for a 1st and an A prospect or a 1st, 2nd, and a B prospect... so this proposal fits. However, this offer does have potential to be outbid if Miller is shopped.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Before the Canucks make any trades, they need to implement a playing style that matches their personnel.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

wild get Miller

I think someone else beats that offer. It’s a two year contract he's on. He’s not a rental.

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
Cap space to fit Miller in Minnesota, for one.

Beyond that I wouldn't really hate this sort of a trade, mostly because I'm confident that we could recoup most of that package by trading Fiala at the draft.
I forgot to add rask in the deal or another to move his contract

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Oh no not him.
Filip Johansson is probably the type of RHD defensive prospect the Canucks would be looking for in a return for Miller.

Johansson has been developing in the SHL for the last 3 seasons and is in the last year of his contract with Frolunda, so Johansson should be making the jump to North America next season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Filip Johansson is probably the type of RHD defensive prospect the Canucks would be looking for in a return for Miller.

Johansson has been developing in the SHL for the last 3 seasons and is in the last year of his contract with Frolunda, so Johansson should be making the jump to North America next season.

You have a really weird habit of speaking authoritatively to people about their own prospects. That poster is acutely aware of where Johansson has been playing and when he might come over. I bet he could even explain to you how Minnesota may or may not even qualify him, and the possible outcomes of all of those scenarios too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad