Votes: 148 76.7%
  • Bob

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • Even

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kiprusoff's prime didn't last for that long but he truly was epic at the time. He also was the far superior playoff performer.

Reactions: pi314 and lawrence

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Without checking trophies or stats, I immediately think Kipper. That's no shot at Bob, who has an extremely impressive resume. Just the impact on the game itself, Kipper was (along with Iginla) literally the team. Sucks he couldn't have hit that level for the Sharks, but I still think very highly of him. It's not a crazy difference and full credit to Bob. Both were sort of castoffs who turned into greats.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Lock it up, Kipper ainec.

Look at the team he carried to a cup (it was in). His prime was unbelievable.
A lot of teams that didn't look good on paper did well in the dead puck era.

Kip beat the sharks in the conference finals that one run he made it past the first round. The sharks top scorer was a 57 point patrick Marleau.
And a 55 point nils Ekman.

That year aside, after his team couldn't clutch and grab, he never made it past the first round ever again.

That's like saying Jose Theodore is the greatest ever regular season because of his 1 Hart win in 1 year.

Kip doesn't have the best resume at the end of the day.

Reactions: ClydeLee

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
A lot of teams that didn't look good on paper did well in the dead puck era.

Kip beat the sharks in the conference finals that one run he made it past the first round. The sharks top scorer was a 57 point patrick Marleau.
And a 55 point nils Ekman.

That year aside, after his team couldn't clutch and grab, he never made it past the first round ever again.

That's like saying Jose Theodore is the greatest ever regular season because of his 1 Hart win in 1 year.

Kip doesn't have the best resume at the end of the day.
The question was peak, not resume.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Kiprusoff pretty easily.

Defending Bobrovsky in the playoffs is recency bias, he's one of the worst playoff goalies of all time. Not that Kipper was a playoff god, but I'd trust him in a series over Bobrovsky because of the mental game differences.

One of the key things missing from the evaluation process of goalies is adaptability. Kiprusoff was one of the few to excel on both sides of the lockout. He didn't play for very long, but he deserves a lot of credit.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kipper at his peak was absolutely unreal. Bobrovsky is more like, "is he for real?" He's so all over the place from year to year, game to game, whatever.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Miikka Kiprusoff I would take as the better overall goalie. He was a workhorse that reached 70 games played 7 times during the regular season and his career stats improved in the playoffs.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kipper never had much of a team in front of him, which held him back from being a true all-time great IMO.

Bob is hit or miss and is still great, but I'd take Kipper even if Florida had won the cup already.

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kippers prime kinda affected shortly after by the team he was playing for. Calgary didn’t seem to be able to adapt to the new NHl rules, as they kept on building the grinding style of hockey Sutter always loves. I’ve always respect Kipper, and he kinda retired early for his family so mad respects to him.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Without checking trophies or stats, I immediately think Kipper. That's no shot at Bob, who has an extremely impressive resume. Just the impact on the game itself, Kipper was (along with Iginla) literally the team. Sucks he couldn't have hit that level for the Sharks, but I still think very highly of him. It's not a crazy difference and full credit to Bob. Both were sort of castoffs who turned into greats.
If I remember correctly the Sharks had 3 goalies and the Flames were targeting Toskala but the Sharks weren't interested in parting with him. They had no problem moving Kipper because he was raw and hadn't proven anything. In hindsight that Sharks team gets at least 1 cup if not more with a decade of Kipper behind that all star lineup.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If I remember correctly the Sharks had 3 goalies and the Flames were targeting Toskala but the Sharks weren't interested in parting with him. They had no problem moving Kipper because he was raw and hadn't proven anything. In hindsight that Sharks team gets at least 1 cup if not more with a decade of Kipper behind that all star lineup.
Sounds about right. Hindsight is 20-20 I guess.

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad