Mikka Kiprusoff or Sergei Bobrovsky?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who was better in their prime?

• Kipper

Votes: 148 76.7%
  • Bob

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • Even

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If Kiprusoff played for a team like Detroit back then for most of his career, he would've been in consideration for one of the best if not the best of all time.

I do think Kipper is a better goalie in this discussion, but let's not get carried away. Kipper played in an era where legendary goalies played, and while he had his moments, he was always a few tiers below the likes of Roy, Hasek, Brodeur, etc.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I do think Kipper is a better goalie in this discussion, but let's not get carried away. Kipper played in an era where legendary goalies played, and while he had his moments, he was always a few tiers below the likes of Roy, Hasek, Brodeur, etc.

Kipper didn't even really get going until those guys were gone or winding down.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Kipper didn't even really get going until those guys were gone or winding down.

Brodeur was very much still in his prime and won all 4 of his Vezina trophies around the same time Kiprusoff was at his peak.

Kipper was a great goalie and a star in his prime, but there's really nothing special about him if we're talking all-time greats here.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Brodeur was very much still in his prime and won all 4 of his Vezina trophies around the same time Kiprusoff was at his peak.

Kipper was a great goalie and a star in his prime, but there's really nothing special about him if we're talking all-time greats here.
Brodeur had longevity and a great career, but his peak was lower than Kiprusoff's.

Reactions: I am not exposed

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Brodeur had longevity and a great career, but his peak was lower than Kiprusoff's.

That peak was so short, that you might as well call him a one hit wonder. Like I said, he was a great goalie, but let's not get carried away with all-time greatness.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That peak was so short, that you might as well call him a one hit wonder. Like I said, he was a great goalie, but let's not get carried away with all-time greatness.
His peak was only shortened by a lockout occurring in the middle of it, that was not something that he could influence.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad